Fed Up

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Belfastcleaning, Jun 12, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

Wfp, starting to really pee me off and it's only been a few days. Starting to wonder was it an investment or a waste of money..

Advertisement
  2. laddergarder

You need time to find your feet with it I think, what is it that is annoying you about it?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk

3. harunh

harunh Legend

wfp is the best :)

4. Belfastcleaning

Yea I know it will take time to get used to it, just like it did with trad cleaning. I think the pole system is good, but for certain work. Was doing a few semis beside eachother today, really annoying having to drag a hose, especially around all the backs. Gets caught in tyres bushes gates, then it set pole down go and get hose loose then back to pole, put it up, set it down turn tap on, clean window, walk to next window, holding pole up water pishing everywhere like its raining... I just think I'd be better doing them trad. Especially on the big runs where there's 40-50 houses I wouldn't be able to keep calm with all that effing about. Was considering buying a back pack and also an aqua adapter ( posh the kink idea is useless, dosent stop water completely )

I bought the pole to try and save time on some work and the way I'm going it's going to take longer, it's hard to explain cos you don't know my run or the houses but I'm debating cutting my work way down and going for commercial where I will get my money's worth out of the pole and not be so friggin stressed.. And on top of it all I still got in mind are the windows even clean? Lol

5. Belfastcleaning

I done a new house too this morning all by pole, and called back round there while getting the wee man from school, the windows were really bad before I started. Quite a few spots, and lines running down too.. Big sighs hope I win euro mills to***ht so I can burn the van out

6. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Try trad before ya say that H lol.

7. Paul

Paul Guest

BC i prefer trad cleaning to WFP i dont use it as often as i should, i very rarely get it out of the van.

the thing you need to remember mate is rinse rinse rinse and if your unsure give another rinse it can be a pain in the @ss but you will get to grips with it, i still get the unsre feeling have i rinsed enougth even tho ive been using wfp a long time.

H do you own a squeegee and applicator?

8. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

^^^^^ does he heck ^^^^^^

9. windyman

windyman Well-Known Member

I understand mate, and I agree that you gotta use what suits your work.

Are you using a van mount? If so, I'd recommend a backpack, especially for the backs of houses.

I use wfp for commercial and for when I'm dotting around. But on mty stuff where I have say 40 houses over 1 or 2 streets, I use a backpack wfp for tops, and trad bottoms. I do about 5 tops with a backpack, then go back along the bottoms. This seems to work well.

Stick with it for a while, you will speed up. But also consider what would be best for your work, ignore what others think!

If you went wfp for safety reasons, then wfp tops & trad bottoms is a happy medium I find.

10. laddergarder

Yeah I kind of see what you are saying, I am trad and mostly residential and WFP wouldn't suite allot of my customers due to parking, and although there is a few I wish I had a WFP for, we get them done none the less. There is one guy in my town that uses WFP and he trads all his resi work and just uses the WFP for commercials.

It would be daft to ignore the resi work but mate to focus on coms, you can make just as much money there, as you can with coms and if you loss one or two its no big deal. You loss a couple of large commercials, you be taking pay cuts, until you can replace them. Also the only reason business focus on coms is not that they can make more money as such, but if they are over theshold for VAT they can charge them VAT, as the commercial client can claim it back so they are not worried about paying another 20% on top. Where as a resi customer cant claim it back, so would IMO not accept this, they would just get someone who is not VAT registered.

Advertisement