Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craig Carr

Hi. Ive just purcchased some wagtail red hard rubber. Does anyone know if this will work in colder climates(scotland)? I read plenty of good reviews on it but couldnt find it in the soft version.

Ive just purchased a wagtail pivot and sone liquidator channels.

Any advice would be great. Thanks

you've done well buying the wagtail & liquidator channels.the wagtail rubber in my opinion is not that good.it doesn't work very well in any climate.each to there own.give it a go

I've just started out 2 weeks ago and bought a Pulex kit, but looking to improve on the squeegees, I also bought a wagtail squeegee but have yet to perfect it. Should I buy a liquidator? Does it work well as it is or does it require modding?

Some of us swear by liquidators (a couple of us have liquidator/wagtail hybrid tool)

An odd few have issues with them but is mostly down to needing to change technique a little which is hard for someone who has used the same technique for years

Imo if you're still new to the game give it a go as you can learn with it and have no issues

Just play with it on your own windows until you find what works

Some of us swear by liquidators (a couple of us have liquidator/wagtail hybrid tool)An odd few have issues with them but is mostly down to needing to change technique a little which is hard for someone who has used the same technique for years

Imo if you're still new to the game give it a go as you can learn with it and have no issues

Just play with it on your own windows until you find what works
Cheers mate, I'm only doing straight pulls just now (still trying to perfect the swirl) so would it be alright for me?

I just pm'd you some vids that may be of interest

As for fanning (swirl) practice as much as you can..you will leave spots that need detailing but no biggie to wipe them after..then it will gradually click into place

I learnt all those years ago by being given a squeegee and applicator and my mates dad said watch this and proceeded to fan the window ..now get on and do it

Within a couple of hours i had it mastered..imo if you start with straight pulls you are delaying the learning process

You're gonna have to detail anyway with straight pulls so why not skip the whole process

Hi. Ive just purcchased some wagtail red hard rubber. Does anyone know if this will work in colder climates(scotland)? I read plenty of good reviews on it but couldnt find it in the soft version.Ive just purchased a wagtail pivot and sone liquidator channels.

Here you go if you want to mate the Liquidator with the Wag handle...

this is my latest 'non-destructive way of optimising a Wagtail handle and disc to accommodate the Liquidator channel.

1. Wagtail PC... Untouched... :)

2. Liquidator channel replicating angle of original channel. Note 'fresh air' at top of channel.

3. Velcro strip used for packing 5-8mm strip to be taped to internal gap. Test fit, if not very firm to slide channel in add a touch more packing.

4. Leave some overhang that can be supported when inserting channel so that there is no fouling between channel, Velcro and the disc.

5. Finished. Note that screw is not required. I have my end clips tight enough to hold the rubber.

6. Good to go. Note that if you don't like it, remove channel, remove packing and 'return to the status quo'. No Wagtails were crippled in this experiment... :)

View attachment 5327

Hi. Ive just purcchased some wagtail red hard rubber. Does anyone know if this will work in colder climates(scotland)? I read plenty of good reviews on it but couldnt find it in the soft version. Ive just purchased a wagtail pivot and sone liquidator channels.

....oh and by the way I think you'll probably have issues with Wagtail rubber in Scotland. Good summer rubber 'down under' but I found our NZ winters didn't agree with it. Facelift Razer Red and Wagtail/Liquidator is my combination of choice.

Nice idea to fit the liquidator channel @Eric Gilliand

I used the heat gun and pushed the bottom edge tight up against the channel by pushing it against a table edge then squeezing tighter with pliers

Would be awkward to re fit a wag channel now

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll give the razr rubber a go. I did condsider that rubber but the wagtail came in a roll of 3m and i stupidly assumed it would be the same or similar.

Thanks for the advice on combining the wagtail and liauidator. I knew it would probably take some adjustment but hadnt thought much about it.

@SkulBlaker i started about 13 years ago. I went to the british window cleaning academy(probably overkill) on a day course. Cost me something like £95. Leanred a lot though and easily doubled my speed so in respect of earnings it was value for money.

Ive been out the game for about 10 years now so decided to start a fresh with the wagtail.

Its all due to be delivered tomorrow. Lucky my windows are filthy haha

Nice idea to fit the liquidator channel @Eric GilliandI used the heat gun and pushed the bottom edge tight up against the channel by pushing it against a table edge then squeezing tighter with pliers

Would be awkward to re fit a wag channel now
Yep. I did that with my first couple. Didn't want to risk wrecking another so came up with the Velcro solution. Works perfectly, and by using this method you can fit any standard channel of any brand.

i did not like the liquidator i found it was slower than a normal squeege but like davy said some just cant get on with it i do realy pefer the unger s plus channel my self . as for the wagtail rubber ive never tryed it i allmost got some last month but stuck with my usel ettore,unger,pulex i find soft rubber in winter hard in summer thats wat i use i do like pulex hard in summer and ettore soft or unger soft in winter think there hard to beat

Latest Posts

Back