Feed back on my website

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Hayden, Sep 20, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hayden

Hayden Member

Afternoon all, first Saturday I haven't had work in my weekday job for awhile so I've spent some time getting even closer to go out window cleaning! Unfortunately my car that I was gonna use has broken down, clutch has gone so that is a massive set back :( !

But on the up side I've been playing around with one of them free / website builders this afternoon and I think it looks good but I would like some of your feedback if possible! If I decide to use it I will pay for a domain and get rid of all the ads!

Its still not 100% finished yet, I need to get out so I can get some of my own pictures, I hate borrowing them off google!! Any feedback is welcome, negative and positive of course :)

Temp URL is http://hayden1993.wix.com/testing

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Sorry to hear about your car bud...that's a real bummer :(

Site is looking good so far :thumbsup:

However after saying that I'm not sure if wix built sites are that great on search engine optimisation. But I'm sure Njones will be along in a mo to throw some more light on the subject.

3. Hayden

Hayden Member

Thanks, hopefully will be sorted in a couple of weeks, just got to find someone to do it without asking the bank for a mortgage LOL

I agree, WIX wont be as good on the old search engine but I couldn't be bothered to build one from scratch, i'm such a perfectionist so it would have taken ages but I know I will end up changing my mind. lol

Before I signed up with WIX I downloaded a website template and uploaded that, I'm still half tempted to go with that purely for cost & reliability side (www.streak3windows.co.uk)

WIX COST = 12 x £7.76
    TEMPLATE = 12 x £2.50

The other benefit of using the template is that the files are mine, and I can move host anytime I want to.

I think I answered my own tread there? haha

4. Njones

Njones Well-Known Member
    Supplier

For google, wix isn't great - - but you know what, its still an awful lot better than no website at all!

The best way to build a site though is usually wordpress, get a nice professional theme & you can work wonders with it, AND make it very search engine friendly too. ;)

5. boarcity

boarcity Guest

looks good

6. Hayden

Hayden Member

Isnt wordpress for blogs more than actual websites?

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

you now need to cane the website exposure so it gets noticed. ie link your website everywhere and anywhere , facebook , twitter all the free listings such as freeindex ,
    online directorys such as brownbook , redbook,uncle tom tits book, well that ones not true but you get the jist . put a link on ur gumtree , adtrader , friday ad etc

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Nat can you put a link to your site again on here as I forgot what it was. Cheers ;)

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Good idea....

myself I've never had to do that as the sites I've built in the past that have good content also good seo have always found there way quite quickly onto the first pages of google

10. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Regarding wordpress it's also a very powerful platform to build professional looking websites too ;)

Advertisement