Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Result I'd say

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dodger

Not everyone will know what I'm on about but submitted my new site to DMOZ/ODP yesterday (wed) and thought to myself, I'll apply to be an editor of this section (window cleaners) cos it's not big so won't take up a lot of time. Well they turned me down dagnabit (reason was daft) but put my site on DMOZ within 24 hrs of submitting it and that is unheard of, it can take months to get on there it's the holy grail of directories.

Ok so I'm easily pleased.

Must be a good day, page 1 google for one of my keyphrases and page 5 for another without much work either.

Dmoz is a really good site to get listed on, I tried with no luck they are very picky about who they list.

that site looks ameture, I wouldn't call this the wholly grail of directories, I have never heard of it.
Edited this post now everyones probs had a laugh at me not being able to read properly through tired blary eyes, apologies again Laddergarder, expected to get ripped for that but glad to see everyone rose above it better than me lol.

Dmoz is a really good site to get listed on, I tried with no luck they are very picky about who they list.
FYI Paul when you apply to be editor they ask for 3 examples of sites that you would put in the section you're applying for, I used your's Gav.b and welsh cleaner thinking yeah ok help someone out and get em on if they're not already but this is a snippet from the reasons why they turned me down.

"Local window cleaning companies are listed by their location in http://www.dmoz.org/Regional/ however your examples appear to conceal their exact location which would make listing problematic"

Twaddle I thought but they so strict.

#4 I wasn't asking for design tips & it's a window cleaners site

That wasn't a design tip it, was my opinion.

Google has a much better business directory, and looks far more professional. IMO.

Back