Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

winning book

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That’s a fair comment from someone who wants a gold leaf book for £34.95

Joking aside, I won’t make any real money from writing books like this with a sale price of £34.95; initially I offered the book at less than cost price when it was released.

The time it took me to write and then put together for sale, I could have made a lot more money cleaning windows.

Someone told me you can buy the information to a franchise on the clean it up site for £1,500.00

I think I may have to think about putting the high price of my book up even higher!

Richard

Hey Richard very good book mate, thank you I have learned a hell of a lot from it, even my wife had a good read and was impressed well done for putting your knowledge on paper most wouldn't bother, IMO worth every penny of £34.99

it's not about cleaning windows it's about making window cleaning a profitable business

I've been very lucky to get it in the early months of my business saves a lot of mistakes that I know for certain after reading this book I would of made.

im in 2 minds sounds like a good book but its alot to pay anyone bought it? detailed opinoins please

The cost of the book might seem high, but it’s not a novel you would read for entertainment.

Jambo113 do you have a pricing plan for your business, or do you have a load of individual prices based on each of the properties you service or worse still if the customer has an expensive car on the drive?

If you don’t know how to implement an active pricing structure for your business, or you simply want to get on and start earning more as soon as possible then paying for the cost of the book is really cheap compared with years of trial and error.

If you already have a round you can use some of the suggestion and ideas in the book to increase the value of your round from the comfort of your armchair. As soon as the changes are implemented you should get back far more than the cost of the book.

This can happen the next day you go window cleaning and by the end of the week/month I would hope you can calculate the real value of any changes you are making.

Put together a longer term plan over a year or two and the cost of the book really is insignificant.

Richard

yer i understand what you are saying but personally i would need a bit more info than that to go and spend 35 pound on something, i cant even find the book on amazon, ebay or wh smith or even find any reviews any were. now im not trying to discredit your book or say its over priced for a book but personally i need a bit more info about something before i make a purchase i wouldnt just go out and buy something without doing a bit of research on it first wether its a squeegee, a car, or a book what I need is a bit more info how do we know that we coudnt get the same info from ebay in an ebook form for 99p?

Jambo113 I’m not trying to sell the book to you, its there for you to decide yourself if you want it. Reassurance about any reviews is something you will have to deal with, all I can say is there has never been a bad review or comment about the book (so far)

The reason I don’t try the hard sell is because I wouldn’t want someone to spend any money on something they don’t need in the first place, hence if I speak to any one who may be interested in the book I always ask - how do you price? You haven’t given me your answer on this; until you do I won’t recommend the book directly for you. Tell me how you price and I can give you a straight forward answer, you can call my mobile if that makes it easier, and if you don’t want to discuss this subject on a public forum.

With regards to availability, I would need to put the ISNB number on the book for distribution with Amazon and WH Smith etc. The book isn’t available as an E-book; if you do find it as an E-book with similar content I will probably make a small fortune because of copyright laws.

Richard

richard so it is £34.99,only kidding. iam a newbee so still getting all my kit and heard about your book sounds good.just have to wait for a bit for one,

LOL @ THIS THREAD!

ludicrous.

I have finished reading it and re-read bits to fully grasp the point.

I still need to write my feedback on here regarding this book, but it is easily worth the 34.95, even though I got it cheaper.

It will help a person who uses the information correctly save £35 in his first month of implementing the tactics.

I'm still figuring out my pricing structure but it easily puts a goal in your head which helps you begin to earn more money.

Complaining about £34.95?

Pfft.

im not trying to say its a bad book or anything i just want a bit more info on it i was wondering what people on here think like i said i like to know what things are before i buy im not complaining about the price just like to know what im getting before i hand my notes over does it cover just the pricing part or is there info on advertising, saving on running costs, getting contracts, taking on staff, insurances, equipment, how to organise your round better etc. as for my pricing i usually work on a pound a window which usually seems to help me hit my target of 18 pound an hour, but as im just getting into wfp i recon i can double that (not that im too fussed)

I am getting mixed messages from you jambo113

You have concerns about spending £34.95 on a book for your business, that I hope would increase your net profit, and then you say you’re not fussed about what you earn. If it makes no difference - then you don’t need the book.

Going by your figure of £18 per hour, this is low for a self employed window cleaner, so I would say you will benefit from the book, but only if you use the information.

If the only way you manage the prices in your business is by saying a ‘pound a window’ then the book has plenty of information to help you raise your current figure as you see fit. By how much and how quickly you do this, is up to you.

How well you can gel together the window or unit price with the hourly rate is relevant, I don’t know what you class as a ‘pound a window’ but you are cleaning no more than 18 of them per hour, so only you can tell us if this is good, bad.

Richard

well your certainly tempting me richard as my business sense is shocking, but surely pricing depends on the area your working eg a 3 bed council house is gonna be less than one on a private street also one village full of trendy greenies 5 miles from one with same type & size of houses but proper working people

£1 a window would make some of my £6 council houses £10 & they wouldnt have it especially as there are lads cheaper than me about

I'm not trying to knock your book infact i'm all for you if you putting your knowledge down on paper and making a few quid off it all i want to know is what its about before i hand any money over, is it relevant to what i want to get outa my little business? im not interested in the pricing part thers not alot of difference round here maybe if you went for commercial work then yer it could help but thats not me ive got a nice little round that i do in 2 days and earns me more than what i did as a joiner. I dont want to build an empire have a bunch of blokes working for me and all the hassle and stress. what would make me but the book is info on organising work better being more efficient, accounts and dealing with awkward customers, oh and gutter and conny cleans seem to take me longer than most people i talk to

I not read the book myself as i have my own business ideas, and I take it that richard doesn't want to change career and become a writer and is just passing his experience on at a price that he feels his experience is worth, you can get a lot of free info but you probably get what you pay for or to put it another way we usually to notice of advice that we have invested in a monentary way. If could make a suggestion to Richard is maybe start up a mailing list and offer snippets of the book to wet folks appe***e. Window cleaning is one of the easiest businesses to start and run. I do know there are lot of guys who find pricing differcult and it isn't down to charging a pound a window other factors come into it so 35 quid for book that can help them is probably money well spent.

Back