Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Franchise? employed? opinions welcomed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

If they were my Images I would screen grab your page and send you a bill for a hefty sum for using copyrighted material for commercial gain.

Wonder if other businesses are so quick to let others display work that isnt theirs under false pretence?

No need to answer... just thoughts to myself.

Lol. U skipped the walking running and sprinting part this is a recipe for disaster. Trusting others. To do first cleans etc far to much to go wrong IMO.

U wudnt be able to clean them that fast if u get 15 a day

I go flat out. And get 10 max 12 first cleans done a day

I would spread first cleans out, and i would muck in on weekends and a day or two in the week to pick up the slack while building each round

So planning on pickin up 75 first cleans a week taking into consideration u take a day off plus Sunday

Tell me how u would spread it out if ur out canvassing for the one person

So who owns the van u or the worker ?

A few businesses near Cardiff rent the van for around 300 a week and start up the round for you then after that the windy has to go it alone. From what I can gather. The business deals with most of the payments (online, balance transfers and so forth and some are paid the the windy. The company pays the window what he's owed, minus the cash he's collected [emoji6] hope this helps

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

So he pays 300 a week for van and he gets 400 a week for working ? Is he self employed or not ? Where does 60/40 come in ? What happens people who drop out after first clean ? Does he get paid to do first clean ? What sort of contract is involved ? Who pays for new equipment etc ? What about work he picks up on side ?

Honestly I don't know the ins and outs. It's a franchise so at a guess they are sole traders. One thing will be for sure you will be vat registered and you will have a tonne of admin to process if you want more than a few vans

First day canvassing, did around 90 mins total, 10 new customers, range of prices, some tiny new build 2 bed and some 3 beds all nice and close on 2 roads, huge estate recon another 60 customers in there

from £6 front only to £15.00

Total monthly value £98.00 £1176 per year

I will up canvassing to 4 hours a day and 2 of us so ill have 1 x round in 4-5 weeks max, i am doing 1st cleans at the weekends to lighten the load

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't plan on your business being of considerable high value in the future. Rounds sell only for what someone is prepared to pay for it and even then the capital outlay for the round (customers) isn't tax deductible as its classed as goodwill. As a windy myself who does well I personally still wouldn't invest lots of money or effort into this as a "big business" venture. I would concentrate that into something else. Just my opinion of course and you are entitled to it./emoticons/wink.png

well ended up doing the 10 first cleans on saturday, picked up another 3 customers while i was there bringing total to £158.00 monthly value, took from 11am-5pm, so id say 20 first cleans in a day is possible

Always good to do an odd Saturday now and then It's the best day for picking up work I love doing them then I can have a day off in the week when everyone else is at work and do the shopping.

Back