fiat doblo

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by rycalshaw, Feb 1, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rycalshaw

rycalshaw Guest

hi guys,i,m thinking about getting a doblo 1.9 diesel and just wondered if anyone had one , if so are they reliable and econonmical etc, i,ll be installing a 400ltr system...cheers kev

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

don't know tbh, these days most things are reliable, but check the payload, my berlingo is 600kg, 400ltr with all other bits might be pushing it, but berlingos can be 800kg which would be ok. assume doblos are about the same. if it's 600, might be better with a 300. just a cautionary thought.

3. i looked at them not sure a doblo has a big enough payload for a 400 litre tank and all the rest of the gear though

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

The previous shape doblo, which i assume you are talking about, has a 750kg payload. 400ltr tank in that is pushing your luck a little. I would say either get a van with a bigger payload, or get a smaller tank.

5. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

I've got a Doblo 1.9D, on an 02 plate.

It's brilliant - can't fault it.

I carry 350 Litres, and it doesn't struggle - but I think 400 might tip you over the legal weight limit.

Mine has a steel bulkhead - but no side loading doors, and I find that you can use all the space.

With the poles - they are a bit too long to fit inside with the bulkhead - but there are two removable top corners in the bulkhead that I have taken out, then put some pipe insulation lagging over the bare metal of the bulkhead - and they are very happy hanging in the back - with the base going through into the cab.

6. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

In all honesty, as a one man setup, you could probably, just, get away with a 400ltr tank, but you would have to think carefully about what else you carried. Also, bear in mind that the quoted payload on vans are generally just the gvw minus the kerbweight, i.e., the driver (and passenger, if there is one) comes out of the payload. So if you are thinking about a 2 man setup, that is about 180kg off your payload right there, bringing the available payload of your doblo down to 570kg....!.
    If you really want a 400ltr tank, you might be better thinking about the heavier citroen berlingo and peugeot partner with their 800kg payload, also, vauxhall combo can be had with 810kg payload. But if you really want your doblo, it would probably be a better idea to get a 350ltr tank, although even with that, a 2 man setup might still be out of the question.

7. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I have a kangoo which is 800kg odd can't remember the exact number.

8. rycalshaw

rycalshaw Guest

thanks for the replies guys,i may have to think of getting a smaller tank,i think i could manage with a 350 or even 300 at a push...thanks again

9. Medini

Medini Guest

Old style combo hold 800kg fit poles in back into the pod above cab just no side door 1.7 isuzu engine bullet proof

10. James

James Guru

Yeah deffinately get a smaller tank, I've just done the maths and 400litres would just about push you over.

350litres would be your max.

James.

Advertisement