Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Filling my tank and also filling up my van....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

W

WINDOWCLEAR

Hi All.... 

Help please... from a blonde woman (no laughs). I recently bought a new water genie set up - 350l tank and i live close to bham so water pressure good! 

twice now when i have filled the tank - its gone over - up to the top!  i dont use an extra pump for speed. Today I Started at 4.30pm and by 7pm the water was flowing out the back door! 

They had fitted an auto valve shut off - pretty sure i had it on correct. we do have great water pressure. would this be strong enough to override? and is it normal to fill a tank within less than 3.5 hours?

Help much appreciated! Guys at cleaning warehouse are ace! just feel a little dumb!!! 

also the controller says de 16 - what does this mean????

Thank you in advance...

Lucy

Last edited:
One reason your tank is overflowing (you have a solenoid shut off valve?) could be swarf from plastic bits that have come off when the tank has been drilled or sawn. I have an IBC that was sawn by the manufacturer to fit a transfer pump in. Swarf was left in the tank and as it rose to the top on top of the water filling in it it got lodged in the solenoid causing it to not shut off! At least 3 times I flooded my garage out before I realised what was happening. I bought a cheap fishing net and scooped most off the floating plastic out.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the advice!!! will definitly have a go at this! glad its not just me! it is a solenoid. i was worried it was the pressure! 

Thank you 

Back