Filling up my tank with van locked?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Neil, Oct 4, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Every time I fill up my tank I get my Merlin out and place it on top of my tank get the hose out and connect it up to my RO , I can't shut the doors as the hoses are in the way (waste hose and garden hose) so I leave the back doors open a bit if you get what I mean, I have to keep going out to check if it near the top or not and when it's filled up I take the RO out. How much would it cost to have it so I can have the connectors under the van just to fill up and have a ball valve so it cuts off when the water reaches the top and so I can lock the van up?
    Is this a good way to do it? I don't want to put loads of holes in my van as it's new but maybe I have to?!
    Cheers in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

My van (also new) had four holes drilled through for the pipes to come in and out by pure freedom, they also installed a solenoid and float valve so as soon as my tank is full it stops, i went for that so i can just park up at home and plug it in and forget it :thumbsup:

3. Neil

Neil Grand Master

That's what I need mate are the holes massive ? If I sell the van years to come would I get away with it or is it really noticeable?

4. Neil

Neil Grand Master

How much they charge to do all that mate?

5. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

The holes are roughly the same size as hosepipe, i guess if you took the system out you could plate over them and seal them.

6. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Well saying that I have 4 massive bolts drilled in for my tank straps lol will just have to buy a new floor if I sell it

7. Neil

Neil Grand Master

One other thing did they drill holes in your bumper because I don't really want that happening lol

8. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

Two small holes under the bumper, no one would see them if you take the ports off.
    On a funny note i was driving to a job the other day and a silver transit passed me with his three pipes trailing on the floor. Surely that would wear his connectors out.:laugh:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It world have been even funnier if he was dragging his hose reel an wfp down the road too :D

10. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Advertisement