Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

how to catch out folk who are not paying [online]

WCF

Help Support WCF:

B

boarcity

if you do bank transfer for payments you will always get one or 2 who just put "window cleaner" in the reference box,so you dont know who it is

iv a sizeable round so some pay late but theyre good as gold- but some suddenly choose to never pay so i end up dont know who has or Has Not paid.

i couldnt think of a way to find out who was not paying [ id got at least 2 who initially paid a year or more but then stopped but i didnt spot it ] who were then getting a freebie . if i asked the suspects they always said ,"yes im paying online" and i wasnt sure who was totally innocent and who was taking me for a ride

After months of deliberation i struck on a way to find out .

i now Write to Anyone who i suspect , saying"hi, i cannot find your payments can you please tell me the dates so i can check it "

one never replied , and one suddenly started paying [after getting at least 3 freebies!}- so iv dropped them both

thing is these were both very genial at the door , so difficult to pin down,its not as if they looked poor or anything

Last edited:
Great idea. I have a couple of late payers and it's always just before we leave the house in the morning. I think did so an so pay me for the last clean?

My worst one had gone on a bit to long not paying. There is never anyone home so just leave any ticket with what is owed. In the end sent a printed invoice with all the dates of the cleans and amount. Thinking when she pays will drop her. She did pay straght away and paid for another 6 months in advance . So it was worth it

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I leave a invoice with a unique invoice number every time, so i can always backtrace who owes my dough and who has paid. Its run by an accountant program i use for my invoice, taxes, vat and exepences.(Its law to use overhere so thats why)

On each invoice is a set day of pay 8 days from the jobs done, if the go above i can send them another invoice with a late payfee (according to law) works well never really had any paying problem, rather a couple of late payers than non payers.

They have it explained very clearly, use their surname and road name as a payment reference.

If there is no reference or just 'window cleaner' or **** like that after they have been told then it does not get credited to any account at all and their bill just increases. If they are they idiot that put 'window cleaner' they soon call up and say 'I paid' at which point you challenge the dates and call them a numpty and tell them next time surname and road name!

No freebies end of.

That's what I do. They have to reference the road name and door number. Some people do reference address and when it comes to double payment next time they challenge it. I just go straight into my online banking app on my phone search there surname and see if it comes up. They usually reference the address every time after that.

I'm glad I read this thread...when I started two years ago it was either cash or cheque...I then started offering the Internet banking transfer option that many customers seem to prefer...I'm fortunate that of those that pay by transfer none pay the same amount so I know exactly who has paid or not...some are great and the money's sitting in my account before I get home and others take liberties...I give them two days then the text reminders get sent and I stay on their case with follow up visits when I'm passing...I can see that as more customers choose this method I'm going to need a system to determine who is who...easiest thing will be if they put their address on the payment reference as some already do.

i tried changing some folks rate [ e.g. 9.00 went up to 9.40 ] just so i could find them in the masses of 9.00 which is a common price of mine. that didnt work as some very honest people continued paying 9.00 as they didnt notice my price increase note .

iv now decided to go on my gut instinct , if i even sense theyre not paying im ditching them. After 8 yrs iv reached the point where my round is chocka full, so i can get rid of anyone without taking a hit

Hi guys

I give all of my customers a reference number (JG***) which they put as a reference for BAX payments.

I probably get about 100 BAX payments each week, and I've only had one since I started a year ago, who didn't put the reference number in.

Regards

Jon

That's why i like paypal as it always gives you their name and i have all my custys names

I don't have this problem at all, nearly all my customers put a address, the ones that don't, there name is on payment, which I have learnt to remember with the help of aworka which tells me exactly what cussties ain paid. for the sake of £100 a year my work load admin has been reduced to minimal.

With the help of my wife doing my admin my workload is minimal too shazzy

She does admin for a plumbing company as a second income so knows exactly what she is doing and what jobs i have on each week..just as well as i bleedin don't lol

Funny as i am the one with experience running stock levels for warehouses and the 2012 olympics and i know jack sh1t about what is going on in my own business moneywise..i know what my weekly work is worth but she knows what is outstanding etc

Latest Posts

Back