Firework damage

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by Smurf, Jan 9, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My wife has pointed out that we now have two holes about the size of a 5p in the outer skin our one of our polycarbonate roof panels. The evidence points to the firework sticks and bits of rockets in our back garden. I did wonder what the noise was on the conservatory roof new years eve and now I know.
    I'm just wondering now how widespread and common firework rocket damage is?
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  2. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

The litter from a firework show doesn't seem that damaging. I stood the the path of all the falling debris on bonfire night, I got splattered with particles but nothing big. Then again, the big bits would have been landing much closer to the launch site.

Roof panel repair business opportunity ;-). How much can you charge your wife smurf?

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

It seems the falling sticks hitting the roof has caused the damage but they have not penetrated it fully. I guess because the poly roof panels is made up of chambers so acts a bit like a tank chobham armor.:rolleyes:

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I did a conny roof recently and there were holes all over it, about the size of a 10p piece. The owner was aware of them and blamed magpies for pecking at it :confused:

5. Smurf

Smurf Banned

magpies my **** :laugh:

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Mind you come to think of it they do get dead things trapped in the cells :D

Advertisement