First clean advice - this will take some of you back.....

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Scottie, Oct 28, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Hello all,

Well I have got two customers booked to do shortly and yes the First clean and first customer. I notice on the windows they had water marks dried in and some were ok but little dirty.

Could I please delve into the mass of knowledge on here and ask whats your procedure on a first clean, getting the drie din marks etc. I tried at a family house and the water marks did not go aftr i saped it up with applicator and squeegee it, was dissapointed. I buffed it out with damp cloth first the cleaned again and worked better, but wondered if there is a plan here of attack?

Thanks guys.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends what the staining is but a decent hard water stain remover I would try first.

3. Scottie

Scottie Well-Known Member

Is flash or any of the supermarket stuff any good or safe for windows? as a pre clean before applicator clean? Also on sills to get stubbon marks out what do you guys use? Again is flash that kinda thing safe to use?

I will probably use plenty ecover and was down with the cloths sill cloths. Only got my first job as they guy said the last windy never cleaned the sills and leaft them really dirty and staines and never turned up on the day he said. Best do a good job and on time:)

4. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

Lime scale remover is what have always used. What u would use to clean shower screens would be just as good. Depending on how long they have been there will depend on how long they will take to remove. They may be too stubborn. Just don't use something that is likely to scratch the glass to apy it.

5. Posh

Posh Hero

Viacal from most supermarkets. Spray it on. Leave couple of mins & wipe off. It's a limescale remover. Very good.

6. Flinn

Flinn Member

Hello Guys , I had a customer phone me up this morning, about giving a quote to clean there windows.

Went out to look at them, and they haven't been cleaned in yrs by the look of them..they live in the country side, way of the the main roads, what a bugger to find this was lol..
    Anyway,some of the glass has what it seems to be limescale damage (Check Photo) Below.
    Tried a Window scraper test on it ( Soaped up window of course lol ) Didn't budge..

Any of you guys seen damaged glass into this? and what, if anything takes it off.. ?
    20141104_112156.jpg

Cheers

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

^^^ jeez :eek:. Mr Muscle lime scale remover might do it, it has for me in the past, but I have never seen a window like that before. Is it below a toilet overflow by any chance?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Blown double glazing unit it looks like to me :rolleyes:

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Are you sure the staining is on the outside and not between the glass?

10. Flinn

Flinn Member

Hello Guys,
    Definitely on the outside of the glass Smurf...Its coarse to the touch, but only the runs as you see... nightmare or what ? lol
    Tuffers, no mate nothing like that near the glass.. I think its been Lime from the cement running down the glass over the yrs..

I might give this one a by ball.. ?
    What ya think

Advertisement