First Clean Free

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Gleam123, Jul 11, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

How many of you actually used this type of incentive when you started off?

Reason I ask is I am having a hell of a time at the moment deliberating about what I will be putting on my leaflets because certain things have worked well and not so well for others.

From what ive read alot of people have gone with offering the first clean free im just wondering if anyone has had any problems with this method or why anyone may think its nto such a good idea?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. kars

kars Guest

hiya. be careful of this as first cleans could mean ur cleaning someones windows that have not been cleaned for months which could mean two cleans as there so dirty!!!! or worse they dont want you to do it again!!!
    i liked someones (cant remember whos) idea of recomend a friend and once they take you on regularly they get a free clean or something like that? (there is a conversation on here somewhere on this subject thats usefull)
    Ive learnt very quickly that everyone wants something for nothing so you have to protect urself. start out hard and soften and be fair as you get to know ur custies i say. then they will learn to trust you and in turn u will get to know them too :)

3. I offer first clean free if and only if they hire me as their regular window cleaner seems to work well.

Col :)

4. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Do you mean this one Kars?

RE: Getting new customers
    I printed some envelopes - saying
    Dear customer... I need more work...... please find enclosed some flyers - recommend a friend - £5 off their second clean, £5 off your next bill.

Popped in 5 flyers into each envelope - left them with all my jobs.

Got loads of work - surprisingly some took them to work, and started offering them round, one was put up in the church hall, one on a village noticeboard.

Customers like to feel they are helping too.

Dave

5. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

I am starting to think my area just does not want window cleaners. Did this for all my customers and not a single referal :)

6. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Surprised at that - most of my referrals came on first clean after leaving flyers - they gave me details about who was interested. I think they just wanted to make sure I knew who referred, and that they got their discount.

Time will tell

7. nearlyclean

Supplier

I would be careful about offering free cleans on leaflets maybe a referral system the same as Flipfast is best.I have never offered free cleans as I would never go into a new supermarket and expect free groceries.If their windows are dirty and they want them cleaned then they will pay and most will double you have to make your potential customers think that having you clean their windows is the best option for them.

8. Gleam123

Gleam123 Active Member

Im just wondering how to include the referral system, I wanted to offer the first clean free as a way of drumming up a bit of interest really.

With the leaflet I want to keep it simple but think that explaining the referral process may be a bit much.

9. Say something like 'recommend a friend or neighbour and if they hire us as their regular window cleaner we will give them £5 off their second clean and £5 of your next clean' I think nearly clean came up with that one.

Col

10. Refferals may work but forget free cleans. I did this with 5000 flyers all professionally made and got 6 responses. Later when I asked customers why they said because they were su****ious. They thought I was a traveller or up to something sinister by trying to get in their house.

Just knock. This is the simplest way and easiest way to get customers. It will save you money on flyers and is tried and tested.

Advertisement