Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

TDS is getting lower

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matthew Phillips

Hi guys, I know I need to change my resin soon, as it was reading 8 after gradually creeping up from 0. But for the last fews days it's been going back down. first, to 6, then 4, today 3. Does the cold have anything to do with this or is it just a case of my meter reader being knackered?

I'll be changing the resin over the weekend regardless.

Many Thanks

Matt

You got a spare TDS meter to try? I've got 2 and one always reads higher than the other. I stick to the one that reads lower /emoticons/biggrin.png

There must be something in the water!

Mines been producing at 001 for what seems like weeks now. I thought it may be the thicker cold water running more slowly through the di, making it more efficient.

Tonight it reads 000

It could be that the water through the di vessel started to form paths. Usually a little shake gets the di back on track for a bit depending on the condition of the resin.

Our tap water tds fluctuates from 99 to 125ppm. Yesterday it was 105ppm. The water from you di could be better if the input water has a lower tds.

Back