First clean using tap water

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Gary63, Feb 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Gary63

Gary63 Member

Any thoughts on using tap water for fist clean followed by pure water. Possibly saving a fortune in costs.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How do you i visage getting tap water to the brush? Rig up to outside tap or tap water in a barrel for trolley use? Pure isn't that expensive to make :thumbsup:

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Not a great idea if you are on about window cleaning especially if it's in a hard water area

4. Gary63

Gary63 Member

Straight from tap to my Microbore hose reel. Forgot to mention the time it takes to produce pure water to take that into account

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I use tap water on conservatories sometimes, mainly on the plastics etc, followed by pure, but I wouldn't on normal window cleaning jobs.

6. Gary63

Gary63 Member

Sorry meant to mention mainly for the frames and not the windows. I know that hard water can damage glass, but as a one off, I don't think it will cause a problem, especially as you would use pure water straight after using tap.

7. Keir999

Keir999 Active Member

I couldn't see using hard water a problem aslong as you go over it with pure quickly after and rinse very well. Cause if not you will leave scale marks all over the windows. .. tut tut tut !

8. cheapncheerful

its funny this post coming after the day I had....me tapped all the fascia gutters as you do and decided to just tap the frames as well as I went round...

before they were dry I pured em and they are the :turd: glass and I no expert but I am trying...

I was not so happy afterwards with the result..

as there were still specs of pure I mainly micro clothed em clean but it it the second time I have not been happy with the result after using tap ...I dont think there will be a third...

I do keep em wiped when I normally trad em ...

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

dont get all this with first cleans
    had one the day windows really stinking , pure water just cleaned them no problem
    trad the insides they all came up easy peasy great

10. dredge3

dredge3 Well-Known Member

The whole point of using pure is, it cleans better without leaving marks. Using tap water is adding contaminates. Saying that. Its ideal for rinsing **** away. I clean cony using virosol and tap water to start. Then use pure. Tap water is ace for rinsing gutters etc but I always use pure on windows and frames. Your not going to use gallons on those

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement