Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Modify Your Squeegee To Cut Down On Detail Work

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Been there tried that lol, wagga goin up in the world. Mark will get jealous when he sees all those cameras.

Been there tried that lol, wagga goin up in the world. Mark will get jealous when he sees all those cameras.
you would of, but i guess most guys have,

those are not wagga's cameras, they are lee's cameras! lol

Instead of cutting into the channel, can you not bend the end part of the channel does this do the same thing?

just watched this, and didnt know if it might be of use to any of you trad guys.

[media]

I see wagga has sponsership now!!! he's done alot of modifications on both trad and WFP. you can find him on youtube.

Instead of cutting into the channel, can you not bend the end part of the channel does this do the same thing?
That was the first way of doing it, doesn't work so well, you have to hold the sqeegee at the correct angle all the time.

So today I finally used my home made dog-earred channel and it worked quite well.

My only problem was that every time I turned my squeegee it would leave a line. Anyone know why this would happen?

I cut into it with a hack saw and then used pliers to bend the corners back. I also noticed I didn't really need to use brass end clips as the rubber was so tight in the channel.

So today I finally used my home made dog-earred channel and it worked quite well.

My only problem was that every time I turned my squeegee it would leave a line. Anyone know why this would happen?

I cut into it with a hack saw and then used pliers to bend the corners back. I also noticed I didn't really need to use brass end clips as the rubber was so tight in the channel.
Where was the line about?

When I was using my squeegee to cut down the mountain (so to speak) I was leaving a semi circular line every time I came back across the glass. There was a new blade in so it's obviously down to my DIY skills. Just wondering if anyone knows where I have gone wrong?

Might just be the technique mate, I've been getting it with a dogeared channel because of the drag I'm not bringing the leading edge round right so just a bit more practise I think and watch that leading edge.

Might just be the technique mate, I've been getting it with a dogeared channel because of the drag I'm not bringing the leading edge round right so just a bit more practise I think and watch that leading edge.
I think thats what it is, I was about to try explain how I do it but its to much to right down and it will probably not make sense lol.

p.s ill get that sent out tomorrow, been busy this week.

traditional cleaning is all technique /emoticons/wink.png lol

shame i got none /emoticons/tongue.png

Back