Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First cleans with WFP

Craigmac

Just a quick question, which was brought about by watching one of Green Pro Cleans videos.

I would put the link of the video but most have probably seen it. 

He mentions that his vans no longer have ladders, internal cleaning tools ect.

SO how would you do the first clean without the use of ladders for the tops using just the WFP method?

Also Mr Green Pro Clean, mentions more than once windows, sills and doors within the service. 

I am yet to find a video of how to WFP doors, be it normal door and garage. I know it is not rocket science but it would be nice to see a pro's way of cleaning doors. 

Thanks in advance  

Just a quick question, which was brought about by watching one of Green Pro Cleans videos.

SO how would you do the first clean without the use of ladders for the tops using just the WFP method?

Also Mr Green Pro Clean, mentions more than once windows, sills and doors within the service. 

I am yet to find a video of how to WFP doors, be it normal door and garage. I know it is not rocket science but it would be nice to see a pro's way of cleaning doors. 

Thanks in advance  
If your about, next 1st clean I get if your free your welcome to come and I could do a walkthrough talk through?

Thanks in advance  
Why would you need a ladder If using WFP, even on a first clean?

Cleaning doors (upvc) are no different to clean from the windows.

However, if the door opens internally, it’s best to dry it with a cloth so the drips don’t go everywhere when the customer opens the door ?

Have a good weekend fellow windies, pub time ?

Clisty - That would be great, thank you 

Steve - I am thinking cleans (especially builders cleans) that may have paint spots or baked on **** on the glass and sills on the second (first) floor and above, which would not be visible from on the ground,

Is this not a problem with WFP?  

Steve - I am thinking cleans (especially builders cleans) that may have paint spots or baked on **** on the glass and sills on the second (first) floor and above, which would not be visible from on the ground,

I did a builders clean today, no chance was the paint and render coming off with wfp, had to get up there and pick it off. Ended up drying the glass, rather than scrub, then find more spots, then scrub again. Came up spotless, but took an age.
Tbf I'd class a builders clean and a first clean as two different things. You can easily get a first clean looking good with wfp.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We don’t do builders cleans that is explained to the customer , if they want paint, cement, silicon, sticker labels or plastic protective coatings removed then we would be unable to help them , we do carry ladders but don’t do this service : if however it was an existing customer who had had an extension built on there property and the above was on there new windows I would suggest they get the builders to remove it or put it right , as a very last resort and I mean a very last resort we would do it but stressing any scratches on the glass we would not be liable 

You need to ask if the customer wants this stuff removing. If they have paint etc and you’re going to need to spend hours scrubbing away at it then you’re looking at a restoration job not a window clean. Most people don’t want this service and it’s not worth taking the conversation straight down that route because you’ll complicate things and lose quotes.

Doors are difficult because there are so many variations. Windows are mostly similar designs and have a similar process. I carry a micro fibre with a small amount of degreaser on it which brings most stains off including cello tape marks. When I first started out I just left anything hat didn’t come off with WFP and never got any complaints.

Latest Posts

Back