First cleans

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Shaun1977, Feb 27, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

What's best way of first clean guys and any little tips uv learnt over years

Advertisement
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

Take your time and go over the windows at least twice, maybe 3 times if they are really filthy. Split the windows into sections doing 3 or 4 at a time (say all the upstairs windows at the back, then all at the side/s, then all at the front, then repeat for dowstairs). 1, spray all windows in 1st section with your water 1st if they are manky, otherwise skip to 2, give them a thorough going over with the brush paying particular attention to the tops of the windows and vents if there are, do all the windows in your 1st section like this, then, 3, go back and do them again, giving each window a thorough rinsing once done, watching the water carefully as it will show up any bits of dirt or dust you may have missed. Repeat all the sections like this, then stand back and admire your work!.

3. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Do you think 650 litres tank for 2 man team with aqua adapters on pole is enough to do 6 1/2 to 7 hour shift?

4. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

That is a bit trickier mate. I work myself with a 500l system and will often use more than 400 of those, in fact ive seen me running out (well, having to bump van up on kerb, to get the remaining water to run down to the corner where the outlet is!). For a days work i would say you would need a minimum of 350l per man if you are wfp only, but with your aqua adapters, and being frugal, you would probably manage ok.

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

For dirty first cleans; use a more aggressive brush with a thicker and more absorbent artificial filament like Nylon alternatively use a Boars hair brush.

Scrub glass and frames with this initial or first clean brush you only need to go over the windows once, you’re not trying to get the glass perfectly clean with this brush, so you can work very quickly at removing all or most all the dirt.

After this change brush for a (clean) maintenance brush with Polyester monofilaments this has little absorbency and will work the glass fast. Quickly clean and rinse the - glass only -.

This method is much better and there is little chance of spotting, the time saving can be great over using a single brush for dirty first cleans.

Richard

6. Shaun1977

Shaun1977 Forum Addict

Cheers Richard

7. best

best Active Member

First clean only
    1. scrub the frame and glass - Rinse
    2. repeat but only the glass, being carful not to touch the top of the frame- Rinse well
    3. for down stairs only you can blade them dry (overkill, but i do it on my first cleans)

job done

8. Ryan

Ryan Guest

all my cleans atm are first cleans lol

had some mega dirty ones and some are not to bad

i do the same as best seems to work and iv impressed myself with the finishes i'm getting :]

Advertisement