first cleans

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by paul1, May 8, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Any advice and or tips for those first cleans please?

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

If u think uel do it in 20 mins allow 40 always takes ages to do new one get the frames well stronger flow always helps in shiftin spider eggs in corneer

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. luc

luc Well-Known Member

This just my opinion but i started with Vikan 10/27cm Hi-Lo Flagged Sill Brush - pencil Jet but just wouldn't shift the muck on the frames so upgraded to this brush SUPER-LITE® BRUSH - MEDIUM WHITE BRISTLES with jets made a big difference for me, I've done a whole month of first cleans around £2000.00 it kind of went like this;
    week 1 I'm not going to make money at this
    week 2 man i think i might have to look at doing something else
    week 3 ok im starting to get the hang of this, starting to dream of cleaning green frames now
    week 4 i can make this work starting to do two cleans an hour

Advice take your time customers love to see that and will get you lots of work, use loads of water to rinse and make sure you clean air vents it will pay of on your second clean and finally tell the customer it may take two to three cleans using this method to get them perfect.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I did a first clean on a house that took me hours yesterday. The last time I did an exterior deep clean on that one was nearlly 4 years ago so you can imagine what it looked like as not been done since until yesterday.

Mind you all the guttering was blocked, all the plastics were really manky, the parts of the house with painted render walls were all green with algae too.

Regarding windows this is an example of what they all looked like afterwards after a full upvc restoration jobby.

IMG_0385.JPG

and no i did not use a flash on me camera but might have used a wee bit of flash consentrate gel neat :D

5. cheapncheerful

yeh but still say on your prices safestyle would replace the whole window:rofl:

yeh okay I suppose its good that some window cleaners dont use my method...of...

doing a runner...

okay number 94 I will call next week but...

it did rain today...

and nige didnt win

and my doggy was put to sleep this week so I was emotionally scarred...

oh I do miss him ...with his one good eye looking at me...

oh okay he was knocking on a bit ..almost as old as smurfy..

and he did just look at me as he pissed in his bed..

and he didnt go much past the back door anymore ...

BUT I MISS HIM...:gush::gush::gush:

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I use a Gardiners dual trim flocked, fan jets, high flow and a squirt of Ecover on the brush on manky ones. If custy is in, get them to check upper sills when you think you've got them clean (saves getting the ladders off)

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most one-off/fiirst cleans I tend to use a boost as wfp pure water alone is not as good as people make out it to be.

• List
  9. cheapncheerful

yep the son always chooses the proper stuff...and hes always right...

10. Alien Human

For me it's all about managing the customers expectations......if they are willing to pay the right price then I can work for long enough to get them looking brilliant......but if not then I say that it won't be till at least month 3 that they really begin to see the results.......as long as my customers have been told this they are fine......but obviously really important to get them sparkling by month 3 :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Advertisement