First Cleans

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by Duncs, Apr 8, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

hi guys
    Whats your thoughts on first cleans, how much extra do you charge.
    Nothing worse going to a first clean, windows really bad clean them twice and your water
    is then stinking plus your aplicator. Its all time at the end of day, I find if they are young with familys
    sometimes they will only get them cleaned two or three times or maybe bad payers so I way it up
    normally ask double whats your thoughts
    Duncs

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

One-off and first cleans are generally filthy so I will charge double if not more as takes much longer to clean properly. I will also offer to deep clean upvc frames and sills too at extra cost if cream or solvent upvc cleaners are required. If not then they will get a quick wash/wipe over instead.

3. JDMW

JDMW Guru

well i always say to customers my terms are a min 3 cleans as isnt that what they say wfp cleaning needs. so i just say 3 times the price of a normal clean. if its a ten quid home i charge them £30. some moan but remember there filthy and some take twice as long as normal once you got the hairs and *** ash that some frames seem to attract out.

4. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

If they are going to be a regular customer then I charge 1 and a half what it'll normally be, if it's a one off then I charge double or more depending how bad they are

5. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I done a first clean on saturday, I was going to do it wfp until I seen windows had a few sticker marks and paint splashes.. Was only 6 small windows and double doors, was like an appartment. Got up the ladder, soaped, scraped, soaped, wipe frames, blade.. £20 only took 30mins..

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

First cleans I always say "I'll do a special deal and charge you the normal monthly rate". You want to keep them after all! Then I'll get the Tecbuk boars hair out and rip that dirt away :wink:. I can't understand this double pricing malarky. It's not as though it's going to take much longer is it?

I did a first clean on Saturday. I priced it at £20, took just over 20 minutes with the boars hair an the lady said is £20 enough. Next time it'll be £20 and about 17 minutes. No way could I have charged her £40. he's happy and so am I.

7. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

the main thing tuffers you got your price right on your first visit as well,so if it took you an extra 10mins it was covered with your price

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

You can charge what you like as there is no right or wrong way as you are the boss :laugh:

9. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

yes your right!!! it could be there only clean too you never know whats going to happen

10. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

i never charge more for first cleans, it might take you a bit longer the first time but thats how you get/keep customers. even filthy frames/windows will only take an extra 10mins to clean the first time round

Advertisement