First Cleans

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by TJTOPCAT, Apr 23, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. TJTOPCAT

TJTOPCAT Member

Hi Everyone,

First Cleans, Do you all charge extra... ??? , if so How much, a Fixed Price or a Percentage.. ????.

I am just starting out, i spoke to a WFP window cleaner a few weeks ago, he said when he first started he did not charge extra as he needed the work, however, although he found himself
    very very busy, some customers never had him back because he had done such a great job they were going to leave it another 6 months.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

Double or slightly less.

ALWAYS ask if they want a regular service, others they could only want a single clean.

3. deano13

deano13 Active Member

if they want them regular I dont charge extra but uf one off I double the price

4. mr shine

mr shine Guru

i get a lot of one offs so i charge double

5. OoO

OoO Guest

This can be tricky tho.

Had THE nicest customers say yeah yeah yeah we want a regular cleaner. Then 6 weeks later house is up for sale.

Then its like, do you cover Manchester? Urm no love thats like 200 miles away lol

6. harunh

harunh Legend

On monday and tuesday next week i got £280.00 worth of first cleans to do... gotta all be done in 2 days....

I charge them the same price as a monthly service price... but i now ask if its a 1 off clean or not and if it is a 1 off clean i just add 3/4 kwid to the normal price

7. TJTOPCAT

TJTOPCAT Member

Thanks Everyone for your replies.
    I guess the best bet is always Charge slightly more for every first clean and obviously ask the question
    of whether its going to be regular or one off.
    As Extreme Damo says " Even some of the nicest of Customers will say yeah yeah yeah its a regular clean ". !!!.

8. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=10.5pt]Not enough H; mentioned on the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]BBC[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt] news the other, £1 in 1983 is the equivalent of £2.98 today. (So if you charged a customer £3.50 in 1983, today you would have to charge £10.43 – and that’s without putting your prices up in real terms for those past 30 years)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Businesses have - call out charges; set up charges, minimum prices, all for good reasons. Someone mentioned to me the other day a Taxi with put £2.50 on the meter as soon as you get in the car. I’m sure you can come up more examples, but it’s the one you should be using for your business that’s important. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Richard[/SIZE]

9. harunh

harunh Legend

yeh richard thats true mate :) but its still profitable :) aslong as it keeps ya going :) lol

Advertisement