Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What Is The Best Car For Window Cleaning

nearlyclean

I write a blog about window cleaning and business in general

my latest one is about what is the best vehicle for window cleaning http://blog.roundpartner.co.uk/2012/12/which-is-the-best-vehicle-to-use-for-window-cleaning/

This depends on the person, type of round and other factors. But I hope to get a discussion going on this. Have a look and see what you think, maybe your thinking of buying a new van or just starting out and dont know if using a car is the right choice.

I think a berlingo is a great starter van for water fed pole, carries enough water in it for a day for one person, cheap one insurance and cheap to run.

I'm trad / wfp and I use a 3series estate and find this more than good enough .

The boot space is big enough to get 150 litres of water in and all my trad gear too .

This is what I use for collecting /emoticons/wink.png
th_P1030621-Copy.jpg

I think the best car could be different for everyone, and in some cases there just may not be a choice in the matter for some. If your just starting out trad. Any car would be a good car. Personally if you can get one, I recommend the Renault Kangoo Estates. They are the exact same as the van model, accept they have back windows, rear seats that can fold up, out of the way, most importantly, you can get them with engines as low as 1.1 litre. So great on fuel.

I have two on these, and owned another one previously which I sold. The good thing is that they are also, fairly cheap to buy and can get one in decent condition, with a reasonably low mileage 40-60k for about 2k.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201211144232109/sort/default/usedcars/price-to/3000/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/model/kangoo/make/renault/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/1/postcode/pa154px/radius/1500?logcode=p

As for Wfp, well you could fit a small system into those no probs, but anything bigger than a 250 litre tank then, you would have to go with the van versions, which are harder to come by, but you can get them with a similar mileage and value.

I use a Fiat Stilo and reckon it's ideal, it's very roomy inside and the rear seats move forward about 6-8 inches to make the boot bigger. Ladder doesn't hang over either end and I can get trad gear, 150 litres of water and my pressure pump in there. Harris pole goes in easy as well brush and all and theres still room for 100 litres of water between front and rear seats cos I'm a short **** although I don't put any there. I've toyed with getting the diesel 3 door and blacking out windows in rear with logo etc but maybe a van would be easier /emoticons/smile.png

Doesnt matter what u got aslong as u can cover all your work and the motor is reliable /emoticons/smile.png

I know window cleaners who do use bikes, including a good member on here!

I know a couple windies in real life too, but ive never seen them bike to a job with ladders etc(Been told by ex customers. : also it doesnt look pro and they want someone like me lol)

How do they get around blows me????

i seen a guy near me using a clio 2 ladders on roof cheap little motor dose the job,i got a berlingo.

seen alot of windys using vectra estates

I think the estate car is quite popular, I like the idea of using a BMW 3 series estate and the small mpv like belingos and kangoos could be a good way to go.

H has got is spot on, doesnt matter what you use as long as it is reliable and cheap run. Surprised at the lack of Van users, I wonder why maybe.

i know a windy with a astra estate but he is part time and uses window cleaning as a part time job .Thats what i think when i see windys in cars part timers or beginers because surely a van is much more professional looking

i know a windy with a astra estate but he is part time and uses window cleaning as a part time job .Thats what i think when i see windys in cars part timers or beginers because surely a van is much more professional looking
Have to agree...it's not great for image

But saying that, the guy I used to work with he uses a car and he is 99% WFP, but he does tow a traile With it all fitted on there! He been going for 26 years now.

At weekends and nights its the family car, days it's a work horse! Saves buying a van and having a car when only one person drives in the family!

Yep I use my car because I'm part time, it's cheaper and for now does the job just fine. I do mostly domestic window cleaning so really whats the need to look like a big professional outfit, saying that though if I ever need a van I'll get one and me and the missus are on about getting a second car again so it will probably be a van for me anyway.

I can see where the insinuations are pointing guys but never judge a book by it's cover.

People have cars cos they dont need vans ...... why do they want a van when they can fit everything in the car plus at the same time they save a lot more money as a car is more cheaper to run then a van /emoticons/smile.png

Some people need vans though cos they have big wfp systemsa so everyones got what their need really......

Latest Posts

Back