First Conny Job Booked In Advice Please?

Discussion in 'Conservatory Cleaning' started by paul1, Jun 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

Hi

got my first average size conservatory wash job booked in, can anyone offer help and advice on best way to tackle them, tips, techniques etc etc also I assume work from top to bottom?

and do you just scrub and rinse down with pure mainly?
    is it safe to spray ubik on any part of a conny ?

any other help, advice, tips appreciated

cheers again

Advertisement
  2. Jake

Jake Grand Master

image.jpg Just literally got home from doing one, I pressure them now, and then brush them with pure and rinse after... Never bother with chemicals, I like to keep things simple and scrub and rinse, but if possible i pressure wash to steer with to get the worst off, it also gets the whites looking great..

Of course don't pressure wash if they get leaks, or it's an old conservatory, I just discuss options with the customer first..

image.jpg

3. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Glass or polycarb roof?

4. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Thats does look good Jake. I just use an old brush, the tried and tested method. Have you had any problems with many leaks etc. the white looks great.

5. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Never had a leak yet, but I always tell the custy that it is a possibility, and at the first sign of one I would stop... I use low pressure and don't fire it up into the sills and seals...

I always ask there permission to use the pressure washer - it just seems to do the best job!

And I'm lazy and wanna get them done quick :cool:

6. paul1

paul1 Well-Known Member

glass mate

7. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

F*** seals by pressure washing most conservatories, if they don't leak they soon will do if you blast the **** out of them! Can also put light scratching and haze effects on Upvc. Soft wash is the best method and far more customer friendly in my experience.

8. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Do you people not realise you can adjust the pressure on pressure washers? For the 100th time all you do is use low pressure! Maaaaannnnnn!!! Your about the 3rd person who's said that, I've done 7 conny roof jobs with a PW and never had a problem at all, just use LOW PRESSURE!!!!!!!

9. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Used to do them with a pressure washer myself, did maybe 20? I don't know though, I just WFP them with pure, no need for pressure washer.

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Sometimes wfp them, but if there really bad then I've found the pressure washer makes light work of them, also I find the pressure washer amazing for the crown bits at the top or any decoration bits, where the brush can't get in to...

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
Advertisement