Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Removing Christmas paint from glass

WagtailMat

hows it going guys just wanna ask on a few tips to remove the Christmas paint from a window on a shop front

Is it just with a scraper ?

I always get worried when using a scraper I want to try and find an alternative if I can I was looking at the plastic skrapr has anyone used one ?

I've got a plastic scrapper , blade chips quite easy. White spirt might help take the paint off ... I refuse to use a metal blade now . If white spirt doesn't take it off it stays on the glass .

Try hot water and a degreaser, one shop that I used to have used to put paint stuff on window and it was a nightmare to try and scrub off, but they gave me some type of degreaser to spray on and came off a lot easier with a microfibre, probably just depends on what kind of paint it is.

Have no idea checking it Monday guy said its tinted on the inside but having a look if so what other process can I use?

You could try using some vinegar, which is easily available in the kitchen. All that you would have to do is microwave the vinegar or heat it in a small bowl. Apply some of this hot vinegar on the painted surface and allow it to soften the paint for 15-20 minutes. You can re-apply some more hot vinegar if required. You can now use a paint scrapper to remove the loosened paint. Wipe the surface with a damp cloth to remove the traces.

Back