First day of wfp soon, advice needed :)

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Oct 7, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

OK I am taking delivery of all my WFP equipment to get me going tomorrow and aim on having it all set up for a change over next Monday morning.

This will be 4 new cleans, 2 of which are pretty big, the other 2 quite small, 2 others are houses I already clean and a new 3 story house, also one is for gutters but obviously not WFP related.

So any advice at all? I have been watching youtube videos on technique etc, but hoping you guys can give me some pointers.

This is the system I have ordered, only 100gpd RO and no pump, but the water pressure and flow in my house is unreal to be honest never known it as strong as this anywhere ever, so hoping it will be decent without a pump, I will upgrade this unit later, also only have 6 25 gallon barrels and 3 15 gallon barrels, hoping this will be enough, also I upgraded the pole to 5 sections which will I pray get me to the third floor windows and added a sill brush, which I know won't be great, but its all just to get me going.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131002153236?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Any and all advice most welcome.

Advertisement
  2. Mwwindowcleaning

Mwwindowcleaning Active Member

I use a flow rate of over 2l a minute but I can clean twice as fast knowing that the rinse leaves no contaminants on the window. I would say take ur time to start with. Use the method that Perry from future of cleaning uses. Make sure the top frame is scrubbed and rinsed properly more than anything. Learn the technique thoroughly before u try to speed up, u will get faster without realising. I still think I take to long on houses but I haven't seen any other methods out there that work everytime.
    Good luck

3. Mwwindowcleaning

Also do the tops only on the 1st cleans so u don't use a lot of water and clean the bottoms traditionally. Won't take as long for a newbie
    Hope this helps

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I'm not sure that is what cheapncheerful has got? Take your time and rinse, rinse and rinse again. You'll be upgrading your gear in no time :)

5. Mwwindowcleaning

What tekkers do u use toffees? Flow rate?

6. Mwwindowcleaning

Tuffers....... Bloody predictive text

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah same set up as Cheapnchearful :)

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

My best advice is that 100gpd ro you have will take forever to fill 25 ltr containers so best get yourself a large holding tank instead. Be it one or more water butts joined together or a chepo 1000 litre ibc tank so it can be left to run for hours night/day if need be. You have the option to use a di canister/tank to get it down to 000ppm before or after the holding tank/s. Just bear in mind that a 10 inch di canister the amount of resin it can hold which is a tiny amount soon gets exhausted very quickly.

9. Natty1972

Natty1972 Forum Addict

#9 Natty1972, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
    Have you just started shinning glass??? Only thing I would of changed when I swopped over from trad to wfp is I should of bought a carbon fibre pole . Totally change my working day for the better ...

The only thing I would tell you be careful of windows with vents in the top I brush them without the flow, then wash the rest of the frame . Takes to long to stop dripping also I was getting small runs inside Good luck

10. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Yeah I have two 250 gallon water buts linked, don't have a shut off valve for it yet, but will do.

Advertisement