First day using Wfp

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by SMC CLEANING, Mar 31, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Hi guys,

Tomorrow is the first day of using my own Wfp system. Despite having used the pole for over 4 years before I started my own business it was mostly commercial also as I have been maintaining my work by traditional method I hear there can be spotting due to liquid. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me all help welcome.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I find spotting occurs when a window has loose fitting seals. The dust can get in the seal and when it gets a soaking off dual trim Dave it seeps out and runs down the window. You will get to know which houses windows will spot. Some of mine spot every time. You can nudge your brush up to the top of the window, missing the top frame so no water gets in the seal or rinse again when you see the line of spots form when the first rinse is starting to dry.

3. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Yeh I tried today on my mums windows to test it there was a few spots but she said she couldn't see it really. I'm just abit worried as it's been hard to try and talk some customers into it to say they was hesitant is an understatement. Thanks thou tuffers your my saviour.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

If you see the water running down the glass like this, odds on it is going to spot. The first time round all your customers is a ball ache telling them it works and you hoping it does. Once they get used to it, it's plain sailing :confused:

[​IMG]

We see the spots, but I don't honestly think the customers do as they aren't inspecting them like us.

5. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Yeh I'm not expecting it to be plain sailing just thought if there was any tricks anyone may know. I'm hoping they will be understanding but you never know do you some can surprise you.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

#6 Smurf, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    I took me a few months to get the hang of wfp work properly but my customers were fine about it.:thumbsup:

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

It's the old un's who will moan. Ooh, I don't like all the water blah blah blah. Be prepared the :oldy: don't like change.

8. SMC CLEANING

SMC CLEANING Member

Haha I have a feeling my trouble won't be the old people there the laid back ones!!

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Most of my cutomers are old folk like me Tuffers :D

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Everyone's old your way Smurf that friggin traffic island next to the football ground sends them all demented.

Advertisement