Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Squeegee

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jon Grainger

Hi guys

Can you advise which squeegee is best?

I currently use the basic Unger green one, 12 inches long, which I would like to cut down to 6 inches, so I'm looking to get a second. Is the Ninja a good one?

Regards

Jon

The unger ergotec are my favouites now, but I use the ergotec xl for my 14in as my hands are a bit too big for the normal one.

Definitely boarcity. .i was talking standard tools

But for the ultimate tool mine is the same as yours except mine is a slimline flipper

Definitely boarcity. .i was talking standard toolsBut for the ultimate tool mine is the same as yours except mine is a slimline flipper
Mine's a variation on a theme. (Modded PC Flipper). Didn't like the pad on the Moerman channel UNTIL I got hold of some of the new clips that are on the Precision Glide. They keep the pad further away from the rubber making it easier to close out. **** weather over the weekend so I put my Army sewing skills to use and reshaped the pad to the way I think it should be made anyway. I'll post a pic of my current setup tomorrow...but...I have to say the Wagtail Disc and handle and Liquidator channel is an absolute winner...

The ninja channel is shockingly :turd:If you want standard channels.and handles you can't beat the ettore
I agree, the Ninja ain't great! I like the handle but as a complete squeegee i find it cumbersome. Seems to leave a lot of detailing too! I'm not an expert on modding...yet, but not sure if it's easily done on it, think you have to remove the end clips and dog ear the channel?

To mod it you may as well use a standard unger channel
Pointless then!

i'm gonna order a couple of those Ettore pro grip handles, I like the look of them and I know people rate them. :thumbsup:

The ettore channels are slightly wider front to back like rasr and ettore rubber is so no good with unger rubber..very good modded though

Pointless then!
i'm gonna order a couple of those Ettore pro grip handles, I like the look of them and I know people rate them. :thumbsup:
there good but not for pole work you get this weird angle stuff where theres water let at edges

but theyr good for hand to glass work

unger is better for pole work

there good but not for pole work you get this weird angle stuff where theres water let at edgesbut theyr good for hand to glass work

unger is better for pole work
I would be using it as a hand tool but that's interesting to know.

I've got to get me a wiggly wagtail for me pole work!

Do you just keep the ends of your rubber square with the end of the clip instead of cutting it on an angle and having that last little bit at 90° in the liquidator, they look it.

Do you just keep the ends of your rubber square with the end of the clip instead of cutting it on an angle and having that last little bit at 90° in the liquidator, they look it.
Darn, forgot about that. I've been experimenting with the rubber cut. I've cut a full slant at about 30 ° The edge point is exactly below the tip of the clip. Difficult to explain but if you're interested I'll post a pic in the morning for you. You can get away with it with the Razer red because it's so durable. With this type of cut though the Moerman, Unger and Ettore rubber become ragged at the ends very quickly. Really nice on Alu framed windows but on wooden and puttied frames I revert back to the cut the way Moerman supplies...

Think i know what you mean but you can still post a pic. Think you pitch of the angle right at the end of the clip.

Latest Posts

Back