Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problem...

Clearview Lee

It's just so heavenly when things run smoothly, but when you start off on your day, and on the first job and things ain't right, it just sets the tone for a sh*t day doesn't it??

My previous battery was failing me from mid last week onwards. It was an old one anyway, so bought a new one on Friday. I didn't have enough time to charge the thing, so just bought if off the shelf, fitted it, and went and done just 3 5bed houses. By the end of the 3rd and final house it was just dribbling water, but okay to just finish off 2 windows thankfully. Anyway, I charged it up as soon as I got home, and was fully charged up, even thou I wasn't to use it again till the Tues as was bank hol.

Anyway, Monday eve I charhed it again for a few hours before going to bed, then took off charge while sleeping. Tues I only had a few jobs will 11am, but batt was TDS meter was reading 11.3 by then, and water dribbling.

Last night, I stuck on charge all night with my usual c-tek charger, but I noticed the battery was only almost fully charged,and not fully after an 8 hour charge...BUT...got to my first job after a 10mile drive, set up, and on first window was just trickling!!! TDS: 11.2

HELP!!! :-( :gush: What's happening???

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, I've just taken it back to where I bought it which just happens to be a boat marina at the end of my road which is very handy and they're very helpful and keen to help. They even offered me to use one of their batteries for the day, but after testing my battery they said it's absolutely fine as it read 13.2. So the problem is obviously somewhere else but couldn't work out where. Any clues??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, they're well on the ball there! It's their business. They serve the boating community that live on sight on the Grand Union Canal. They have a big battery store there.

Well I took the battery out of the van and charged it separately all day. While that was charging I checked all the connections and a couple were a little bit iffy although still connected, so I just changed them as I had nothing to do. Stuck it all back together and cleaned my house and all seems to be working okay..

The strange world of the WFP system!!

I had the same thing on Monday. Turned out to be an airlock, had every blummin connector off and

Checked voltage on every plug. My system doesn't like running out of water completely that's for sure as it took a good half hour to get going again! I always carry a cheap voltmeter with me so I can rule out the battery straight away, even with the split relay on board now.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock