First Pole, couple of noobie questions

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Cleanz, Feb 24, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Going to order a Gardiner SLX-30 at some point this week, to use with the Gardiner v2 backpack. Got a few questions :

1. Which brush do I go with... there are so many

2. When I ordered the backpack, I got it with an "ez-snap" end connecter, does that mean I need the "ez-snap tail" for the pole hose? or the "ez-snap female"?

3. I'm getting the yellow/pvc pole hose + flow valve and 25m of yellow hose with it. Anything else I need!?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Alex Gardiner

Alex Gardiner Forum Addict
    Supplier

1. If you are starting out then I would recommend the Super-Lite Medium-Mixed Dual-Trim brush - it really is a great all-rounder.

2. You will need to order the pole with an EZ-Snap tail as you already have the female on the Backpack

3. As long as you have something to purify the water going into the backpack this should work well.

3. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Thanks for answering the questions. Yes making pure water at the moment - will get that lot ordered tomorrow.

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

A massage parlour! You will ache like buggery until your muscles get used to WFP.

5. Daftoldgit

Daftoldgit Member

A spare battery, if your using it all day.

6. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Lol yes Tuffers can imagine it's gonna be a bit of a neck acher looking up all the time. Spare battery, hmmm good idea. Is the battery easily swappable on the V2 backpack? I haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet...

7. keir

keir Guru

Cleanz, are you trad too? Or starting up from scratch?
    Only asking cause if you have tradded for a while your muscles will get used to wfp reasonably quickly but if you are starting from scratch..........ooooohhhh!!! Rather you than me lol only kidding

You'll be reet bud i'm sure you're a strapping lad

8. kellyKleen

kellyKleen Newcomer

How do you plan to refill this back pack as it has a small tank and will need a refill every house. I started with a trolly and had 20 barrels that I paid nothing for. Simply went to a car wash and asked if they had any empty barrels and washed them out, good as new for free lol

9. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Another place to go for barrels is dry cleaners. I got some years back from our local one.

10. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Lol - been tradding for about 10 years (5 self employed). I do go up the gym so used to aches but guess it's a different type of activity... I've gone fully carbon so hopefully that will help! :D

I'm refilling from barrels at the moment, I have some customers that won't budge on Traditional cleaning so I'll be doing a mix of both as I build up the round and then lean more towards WFP in the end by which time I'll have a new van/van WFP setup (hopefully).

Advertisement