Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Alternative to Gardiner pole extensions

AGlassAct

Seems like the extensions have been out of stock for the SLX for ages so wondered if anyone had used the normal replacement sections to permanently extend their pole?

I have a virtually new SLX22 and would like to take it to 39ft or even 47ft. I've not priced it up yet as I was unsure if I would need to buy a new base section (no.5) to enable a new no.6 to go over it? As the base sections are insulated I assume they would be a slightly larger diameter?

I'd considered changing to the phoeniX carbon but like the option of being able to buy extra sections as and when I can afford it.

Your thoughts are appreciated [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I use clx extensions on my slx. Because I don't use them often I think it's better on price and because they are larger diameter sections there isn't much flex. Might not get you up to 40ft though!

Check the specs but I am sure they will be the same size, I have my Xtreme II hybrid as I call it which is made up off mark 2 & mark 3 xtreme sections along with a slx section up to 22ft then two slx extensions all sections fit together nicely.

Seems like the extensions have been out of stock for the SLX for ages so wondered if anyone had used the normal replacement sections to permanently extend their pole?
I have a virtually new SLX22 and would like to take it to 39ft or even 47ft. I've not priced it up yet as I was unsure if I would need to buy a new base section (no.5) to enable a new no.6 to go over it? As the base sections are insulated I assume they would be a slightly larger diameter?

I'd considered changing to the phoeniX carbon but like the option of being able to buy extra sections as and when I can afford it.

Your thoughts are appreciated [emoji106]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Personally I would opt for a full SLX47 tbh. Whilst adding the odd section to an SLX22 is ok, adding more can be a right pain. The pole hose for me is the biggest issue if I were to consider this with my equipment. (I don't have Exceed's tubeless variant and I prefer pole hose on the inside rather than outside.) If you stick with standard length hose on the SLX22 then you have to find some way of joining it. If you replace the pole hose with the length you will eventually need, then day to day managing it's longer length would drive me bonkers.

I would also consider the cost of all those extensions added together when compared to a new pole.

If finances allowed I would try to find away of interest free credit on a credit card transfer and buy the pole that way and pay it off within the allotted interest free period.

The downside of having a long pole is that you don't use it that often so it money 'lying' around. The upside is that you won't have to replace it very often. Mine is about 8 years old now and have just upgraded the clamps and lacquered it. In time I would probably just replace the top sections with a new SLX25 pole and reuse the bottom sections provided Alex doesn't change pole diameters in the future.

Thanks for the replies guys. I've pretty much considered what you've all suggested, if I was in profit (still new to the wfp and no ROI yet!) I'd just by an extreme or go the whole hog and get the ultimate - I have jobs at the moment that would benefit from the longer pole (skylights/velux) I just get up a ladder at the mo and use what I have at gutter height. So I just wanted to think about speeding up and streamlining a bit more.

Spruce - my worry is Alex may be considering changing the SLX, especially with the minor issues and QC we've had recently with the 'newer' quickloK adaptors I'm worried a simple change in supplier might screw up any further backwards compatibility. I will email gardiners today and double check with them if I need to replace the base section to go the way I'm thinking. I will add it all up first to see what the damage will be as it might just be better getting a new one in a few months. [emoji857]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Thanks for the replies guys. I've pretty much considered what you've all suggested, if I was in profit (still new to the wfp and no ROI yet!) I'd just by an extreme or go the whole hog and get the ultimate - I have jobs at the moment that would benefit from the longer pole (skylights/velux) I just get up a ladder at the mo and use what I have at gutter height. So I just wanted to think about speeding up and streamlining a bit more.Spruce - my worry is Alex may be considering changing the SLX, especially with the minor issues and QC we've had recently with the 'newer' quickloK adaptors I'm worried a simple change in supplier might screw up any further backwards compatibility. I will email gardiners today and double check with them if I need to replace the base section to go the way I'm thinking. I will add it all up first to see what the damage will be as it might just be better getting a new one in a few months. [emoji857]

To answer your original query it is of course possible to add sections to an SLX22, but in reality if you want to go all the way to 47ft - this would not give you the best option for working with - especially as the SLX22 has shorter sections to start with.

You would ideally need to change the handle section to go a lot higher, purely to keep rigidity. However if it is compatibility you are concerned with then the extension #6 can slide right on over the handle section you currently have.

With regard to the stock issues - they simply have been a victim of their own popularity - the extension stock is on its way now (it has been on the sea for some time now) and if you ring our team (01726 66400) they can advise an anticipated delivery date for you.

Please do not worry - I am not considering changing any of the crucial dimensions on the SLX range and to do so when there are over 70,000 SLX poles already in the market place would be a very foolish move! From the very first SLX pole we released nearly 10 years ago the tube dimensions have remained fully compatible.

There have been no changes in supplier with our components - it perhaps seems as if you had experience with a tight Quick-LoQ brush socket? These of course are not part of the pole tube dimensions and were not the result of a new supplier but a tolerance difference on some parts - this has now been rectified and all stock disposed off that did not meet our hand testing quality check (only had 10,000 units to hand check - the staff loved doing that!)

Cheers for that Alex, i have signed up to the notification alert thingy so assume I will get the message when the other bits are in I'm waiting for too.

To answer your original query it is of course possible to add sections to an SLX22, but in reality if you want to go all the way to 47ft - this would not give you the best option for working with - especially as the SLX22 has shorter sections to start with.
You would ideally need to change the handle section to go a lot higher, purely to keep rigidity. However if it is compatibility you are concerned with then the extension #6 can slide right on over the handle section you currently have.

With regard to the stock issues - they simply have been a victim of their own popularity - the extension stock is on its way now (it has been on the sea for some time now) and if you ring our team (01726 66400) they can advise an anticipated delivery date for you.

Please do not worry - I am not considering changing any of the crucial dimensions on the SLX range and to do so when there are over 70,000 SLX poles already in the market place would be a very foolish move! From the very first SLX pole we released nearly 10 years ago the tube dimensions have remained fully compatible.

There have been no changes in supplier with our components - it perhaps seems as if you had experience with a tight Quick-LoQ brush socket? These of course are not part of the pole tube dimensions and were not the result of a new supplier but a tolerance difference on some parts - this has now been rectified and all stock disposed off that did not meet our hand testing quality check (only had 10,000 units to hand check - the staff loved doing that!)
whats gonna be the difference in the SLX and SLX II coming out soon? I'm gonna upgrade from CLX soon and I'm unsure wether to buy now or wait for the new version.

whats gonna be the difference in the SLX and SLX II coming out soon? I'm gonna upgrade from CLX soon and I'm unsure wether to buy now or wait for the new version.
Hi Starboy

I think that the video you have been watching is our pole video that was first released back in May 2013 - The SLX-II referred to in this video has been our standard SLX poles now for nearly 4 years.

The pole has improved slightly over these 4 years with slight changes to the clamps and bolts etc. but generally it is the same pole. There are no changes planned currently.

Hi Starboy
I think that the video you have been watching is our pole video that was first released back in May 2013 - The SLX-II referred to in this video has been our standard SLX poles now for nearly 4 years.

The pole has improved slightly over these 4 years with slight changes to the clamps and bolts etc. but generally it is the same pole. There are no changes planned currently.
its just i seen this

''Available June 2017''

SLX-II 30ft > Sureclean Systems

Back