Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Vision or Sparkle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Math

Hi everyone,

Which cleaning additive would you recommend.  I notice that sparkle is considerably cheaper but vision has been on the market longer?

Thanks in advance 

Matt

There has been a lot of debate about the pros and cons of using these products.  The long and short of it seems to be that whilst they appear to work for some they don't for others.  I'm one of those for whom they did absolutely nothing perceptible except make the water smell different.  However, I do not discount the experience of others who say it works wonders for them. 

So my advice would be to try them for yourself.  You my be one of those for whom it works

We’ve been using vision for over a year now. Not so sure about the “extra shine” it supposedly gives. But it most certainly helps the brush glide over the glass a lot easier, gives it a bit of “slip” and speeds up cleaning process. I think we use marginally less water than we used to, probably in the region of 5-10%. the difference is noticeable. It lasts forever too as you use it in very small quantities

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Iv used both and like them both but like Mark said ur better trying them both out for urself as they don’t seem everybody’s cup of tea

I’ve been using added Sparkle and brush moves over glass much quicker. Last week I’ve have dawn till dusk day and had finished an hour or so early, also seemed to use less water.

However, some types of glass doesn’t seem to make any difference.

Correct James, it’s all to do with the manufacture/type of glass. We all wish for what i term as “waterfall windows” where the water flows down it like a sheet, Some glass has very little affinity for water and “repels it” hardly a problem if it’s a regular clean but for first cleans where the glass is bogging it’s a mare. you have to rinse like people did their washing before domestic appliances came to be. Trouble is you cant tell by looking as to what type of glass it is [emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

I have used original Vision but then for reasons nothing to do with product quality fell out with makers switched to Added Sparkle and it is every bit as good . Not sure if they still do a small tester bottle .

they do sample bottle I think they around £1 but to be honest you need to try more than that to find out if you like it ,I don't use either but I have tried both and they seem to be the same to be honest 

Pure is good enough for me and for the customers too! I think allot of this is down to paranoia sometimes, if pure is not good enough to do a stellar job then what is the point in it! 

Know its an old thread but ive used  vision and switched over to a dash of regular rinse- aid , just the type for your dishwashing machine . Really impressed of the sparkle it leaves , a little bubbly like the others ,but cheap and IMO more effective than vision . I use the one from Lidl . Try it out guys ! 

Know its an old thread but ive used  vision and switched over to a dash of regular rinse- aid , just the type for your dishwashing machine . Really impressed of the sparkle it leaves , a little bubbly like the others ,but cheap and IMO more effective than vision . I use the one from Lidl . Try it out guys ! 
LMFAO..   That's too funny!   Genius!  

I'm doing a tank swap on Wednesday so will try some on my gaff in old tank before I drain it. 

How can something make a window more shiny? I mean once its clean and there is nothing obscuring the surface, the natural shine from the surface surely cant get any better. Unless you add something to the surface to enhance what is already there or alter it in some way. it doesn't make any sense to me that you can make it more shiny.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the rinse aid, what ratio are you dosing, when I did try vision, I used the lowest recommend which I think was 1ml per 100 litres.,?
Apart from nice smell and bubbles, I found that it did not rinse down the glass as fast.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I’ve said it before these things are a waist of time why spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on filtration to take out all the impurities then chuck this stuff in the tank ?...madness, many who have used these things have then had pumps filters and the bottom of there tanks clog up with a thick residue , most who have used it admit over time it’s a placebo they think it’s doing something but it’s not , the brush might glide over the glass easier but come on it’s not hard work rubbing a window with a brush is it ? 

Hello David, What’s a dash and in what 25l drum or a 500l tank as interested ?
Hi den ! Its not a specific measurement but for 500 l i would use about 5-600 ml . Im running 350 L and i just squeeze the bottle once Quick , it doesnt Seem to matter that Much , a rule of thumb if you must, is IMO the same ratio as vision , 1 ml to 100 liters , then add more if you feel like it. 

How can something make a window more shiny? I mean once its clean and there is nothing obscuring the surface, the natural shine from the surface surely cant get any better. Unless you add something to the surface to enhance what is already there or alter it in some way. it doesn't make any sense to me that you can make it more shiny.
I see your point Paul ! None the less its what happens , i see a notable diff. In the the shine . But what i do like the most , is that it Makes the water " thicker" when rinsing down , which on some (not all) bigger panes gives a better sense of control over the rinsing face, and the water pulls faster from the top edge , again its all IMO . there is bubbles , but they dry fine, unless you empty the bottle in your tank  :1f609:

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve said it before these things are a waist of time why spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on filtration to take out all the impurities then chuck this stuff in the tank ?...madness, many who have used these things have then had pumps filters and the bottom of there tanks clog up with a thick residue , most who have used it admit over time it’s a placebo they think it’s doing something but it’s not , the brush might glide over the glass easier but come on it’s not hard work rubbing a window with a brush is it ? 
Each to their own , its not for Everyone ,but dont knock it till you try it. You say its madness and placebo , i say i disagree . it all comes down to a trial for those who are interested , and the the cost of a bottle rinse is less to none, if it doesnt work, you can just use it in your dishwashing machine .

No too sure how it works on glass but I assume its the same principle.

But in general, and a good example is car paint the shine is determined by the amount of imperfections in the surface.

When you polish a car it's looks shinier because you remove any scratches etc which make the surface smooth, so when the light hits it it bounces of in one direction only which makes it look Shi y. Old damaged car paint send the light reflection in all manner of directions making it look dull. Cheap quick car polishes contain a filler than fills in scratches to smooth the surface and making it look shiny. But once it wears off it looks dull again.

So unless additives are filling in surface imperfections on the glass I can't see how they can add shine. However like I said it may be different for glass as it is opaque not a solid reflective surface. 

With the rinse aid, what ratio are you dosing, when I did try vision, I used the lowest recommend which I think was 1ml per 100 litres.,?
Apart from nice smell and bubbles, I found that it did not rinse down the glass as fast.

Would say about the same ratio, but ive used more than reccomended in vision, tried rinse aid , and found it to be better , and a lot cheaper. No smell of course , but why would anybody smell their outside windows? ..... Why would anyone smell their windows at all  :1f603:

Would say about the same ratio, but ive used more than reccomended in vision, tried rinse aid , and found it to be better , and a lot cheaper. No smell of course , but why would anybody smell their outside windows? ..... Why would anyone smell their windows at all  :1f603:
That's great, thanks for the info... Lol, we've all got some weird customers, maybe there are some window sniffers out there. [emoji23][emoji23]

Back