First tender bid going in tomorrow

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by SkulBlaker, Nov 3, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SkulBlaker

SkulBlaker Well-Known Member

As post states, I'm sticking in my very first tender bid in for a brand new doctors surgery tomorrow, as I understand someone else has put a bid in so fingers crossed I'll get it, in the letter I explained that I do it traditional and ensure that all water is removed from sills, will wipe frames down each quarter at no additional cost and they also have around 8 solar panels (low level roof) and I said I would clean them down free each quarter too, also added that I would be available to clean the insides as and when they require it but at an additional cost.

Will let you know how I get on

Advertisement
  2. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Good luck mate. How did you hear about it? Was it advertised or word of mouth?

3. SkulBlaker

Cheers mate, I've been keeping an eye on the build as I stay not to far away from it, and do an new build estate not to far from it. Drove past today and noticed it was finished off and went in to speak to the manager. Will upload my tender letter tomorrow and see what you guys think. The job in total will only take 30 minutes for the outsides to do

4. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Sounds good a few freebies always gets um
    I usually do same like say I'll do signs etc every quarter
    Shows u have a good look round

5. SkulBlaker

Well dropped in today to see the manager (hadn't seen her at all yet) to put my face to the email bid, got talking about the bid and she mentioned that she would need to get a bid for the gutters done, low and behold I say my gear is outside after doing a gutter job, and if she would stick in a good word with the partners then I'll do them for FREE. Should have seen the look on her face, its as though she had never heard the word before, anyways out I go brand new building gutters already choked up with leaves, took me 20 minutes and hopefully the contract won just from that gesture.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Fingers crossed then. A free gutter clean has got to get you the job.

7. SkulBlaker

That's what I was thinking mate, fingers crossed, should find out next week.

8. TolishAPurd

I hope it works out for you mate, but I would have tagged it to the end of the job, not before. In fact who am I kidding, I wouldnt have done it for free at all, lol.

9. SkulBlaker

Haha, the building is under a rake of trees and will more than likely get the gutter clear job every year if I get the contract, easy low level building

10. TolishAPurd

On a serious note, you may have done yourself over there. Gutter cleaning is easy to get premium pay for. It needs a ladder to access, its dirty, and its dangerous. You completed it in 20mins, and you did it for free.... how much do you think you are going to be able to quote that job for next time?o_O Anything over 20 quid and they'll probably send you packing.

Advertisement