First Time Canvassing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Haynesy, Aug 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Looking to build my round as I'm quitting my job in the next 2 weeks so decided I NEED to canvass. Didn't feel to nervous and the first house I knocked I got the job! £25 one off and then most likely £18 every 8 weeks. Got another3 quotes but quoted fairly high, £22, and two £20 every 8 weeks but they were only maybes and they were checking with there other halves before contacting me. They were filthy (one hadn't been cleaned in 8 years) but in everyones experience are the maybes going to be nos?

Advertisement
  2. Rosewood

Rosewood Active Member

My experience is that a yes is a yes once you've started cleaning the windows, everything else is a NO in disguise. a lot of people just can't say no and will come out with all sorts of convoluted stories in order not to yes but not actually saying no. Just mark them down as a maybe, forget about them and knock the next door. It's a nice surprise when one actually meant what they said and contact you later to say yes. Good luck, keep positive and keep going

3. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Thanks for the advice. Not really expecting to get any calls off the maybes.

Think the hardest bit is people not answering the door.

4. Chris33

Chris33 Well-Known Member

That's a good start,what is it your quitting to do this?
    In my small bit of experience, maybes never call

5. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Working as a Data Analyst for Eddie Stobart and have a meeting Thursday which I think is going to be about a promotion so its going to be awkward when I hand my notice in. I've been to university and i'm not suited to the corporate life. I have around £700 monthly work which will be topped up to £1250ish when i buy some more work off my Dad. I'm working 7 days a week non stop so need to make a decision and quitting my job is it. If it don't work out I can always go back but I'm determined to make it work, hence canvassing every night from now on. Although I don't have any time to do them, I'll fit them in somehow!

6. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Flyers in pocket at all times. Everyone you talk to. Even the corner shop you pop in for a coke and 'hey take a flyer, would you like your windows cleaning?'

Remember the one question that will get more custys than any other.

'Did you want 4 weekly or 8 weekly?

Very assumptive non of this ' so perhaps maybee if you like I can add you on' garbage be in control.

Good luck.

7. Chris33

Chris33 Well-Known Member

Good going, I was canvassing while doing the cleans..seemed to help keep it a bit more compact and saved night canvassing for other areas. Loads of people were in during day/home for lunch..

That's a healthy amount of work you have,I'd do exactly the same to be honest. Best of luck,but we make our own anyway ;-)

8. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

Thanks for the advice.

Maybe thats why I have so many maybes and the one off wasn't a guaranteed regular clean. Need to be more assertive.

My line when answering is: "Hiya, just wondering if I could give you a quote to have your windows cleaned?" Didn't actually speak to that many people so strike rate was about 20% who wanted a quote.

9. Green Pro Clean Ltd

My full spiel is:

Hi sorry to bother you. I clean your neighbors windows (point down street to random house) and I see you dont currently seem to have a regular window cleaner and I was wondering if I can add you on to my round?

How much?

£15 if you go 4 weekly or £22 if you want 8 weekly, for this we do the window the frame works the sills and the doors on every clean (move your hand around the window whilst explaining so they are also visually engaged)

Most around here go for the 8 weekly to be honest but if you find that's nor frequent enough just let me know and we'll change you to 4 weekly if you want.

So shall we start you off on 8 weekly?

That's the pitch.

Some of the lads on here have canvassed along side me and have seen me use that pitch to pull in 10 custys in 2 hours with little effort.

It's all in the pitch. Be confident and lead them dont 'ask them' they dont know what they want.... the only choice they get is 4 or 8 weekly.

Go for it. :))

10. Haynesy

Haynesy Newcomer

I'm going back out tonight in the same area. Goal is to speak to atleast 30 people. Do I go back and knock the doors I gave quotes to or is that not the done thing by putting them on the spot?

Advertisement