First time using testing DI's

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Cleanz, Feb 9, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

When I get a moment later on, gonna test out my new 11 ltr DI's. Just want to be 100% sure, from what I've read, I fill about 3/4 full with resin, don't pack it down and that's it?

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. mufcglen

mufcglen Well-Known Member

hi mate, what ive done with mine was fill it to the start of the bend of the neck than shake it a little to settle the resin and top up again to neck then i forced the tube straight down the resin and carefully screwed in being extra carefull with the threads and basically away i went although some guys recommend filling with water before you put the tube in as it helps go through the resin but i found it easy enough with a slight bit of force!

3. mufcglen

oh and i take it your only doing one to start with, ive not touched the other bottle yet untill my tds starts to rise,
    make sure you wrap the bag right up to save the resin too!!

4. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

got gd little tip on here
    the plastic tube pull it of from the screwed thread top, fill up the resin tube until where it starts to go narrow
    fill with water, fit top onto tube hayho makes so much easier
    first time i done it couldint get the plastic tube through the resin, ok now

5. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Cheers fellas some good advice as usual :) Chesh I was gonna do both I assumed my ppm would not be near 0 after just one? (mine is 190ppm or thereabouts). But I will deffo start with one see what the output is!

6. Tattooed window cleaner

Tattooed window cleaner Active Member

Ditto to all above
    My ppm is 170 n use twin di.swap em over around 006.i use a bag of o resin a month,trickle the water through n use around 5000 litre a month.trial n error matey ;)

7. mufcglen

yes use both pal but not straight away, first use the one bottle then when the ppm start to rise then its time to add the second bottle after it so the older resin does most of the work and the newer resin in front has hardly anything to do and lasts longer than when that starts to rise replace the oldest resin and put that bottle in front and so on.
    and also when the ppm do start to go up try shaking the bottle as the water finds routes through the resin!

8. Cleanz

Cleanz Active Member

Well I'm getting 057-068 with one DI, so looks like I'm going to have to use 2 straight away anyway... damn shame I can't test out the second one as I just realised I'm missing some hose connections for it. Ordered some cheap off Ebay should be here next week though.

Had a time of things getting the resin in there lol, seen some people use a gutter attachment type funnel, think I'll get one of those.

9. mufcglen

you can use a traffic cone pal!, my tds is only 70ppm and it takes it to 0, did you give the tank a good shake and retest it?
    i thought resin will take anything to 0 but might not last long, im not sure as im still learning myself pal.
    your hose connections you can get b&q own for a quid, not bad and do the job!

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

How much water has passed through the resin so far? You sure you have the flow the right way round?

Advertisement