Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spoab

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gmeister

Was gonna do another review(after dodgers) at the end of the week.

Half way in the week, I just can't see myself using this INSTEAD of a bucket of water, just the applicator is to dry on windows makes me wonder if am cleaning properly?

Do I use to much water? and is the applictor supposed to be so dry(damp)?

Not saying I dont like it I do, I do like it in theory, and I will always use it as its alot better to clean the frames with, and is good to clean inside windows and back windows where I have to take ladder threw house, but don carry a bucket, it has its use here.

How does anyone else who use it get on with it?

I did notice on the first house or so, yeesterday I was detailing loads/redoing windows cause of smears but wasnt sure if this was the weather as was very sunny again or I put to much soap in the SPOAB?

Its loads better for detailing though, as less water on the window, didnt use that many scrims/microfibers on monday, but like I said used more yesterday as was redoing.

I dont even use a spoab G .

What i do is have my bucket in the car with about an inch of water in ti wet my applicator

Dip it in get it wet then wring off the excess water put the app in my boab

And use it like that . I carry a 1 litre ecover bottle in my pockets with ecover / water mix in and when my app gets dry

I just squirt mh water on the applicator .

Job done .

It seems to me that your applicator/mop isn't wet enough if the windows are smearing.

I carry a bucket with around 5 litres of water, ( with 3-4 good squirts of Fairy liquid in it) and I find that I have to dip the mop in the water every couple of frames.

I carry 2 or 3 microfiber cloths, the wettest being used to wipe frames and sills, one for detailing and the other as a backup. I seldom need to use any more than this in a day.

John

Thats why I carry the little bottle as well Graham, I have sponge in my applicators as well which holds the water better.

i did give it a go myself and didnt get on that well with it, the spraying just didnt keep the mop wet enough, plus i like to be able to dip in the bucket and clean the mop off of cobwebs, leafs etc. i do now use the sprayer if im doing a really dirty frames clean tho

Not for everyone obviously but I like working with the sprayer it kinda suits me and I've used it since day one so my techniques probably a bit different because of that (****). I've learnt along the way though that the small bottle of water and sponge in applicator have sorted any drawbacks.

i did give it a go myself and didnt get on that well with it, the spraying just didnt keep the mop wet enough, plus i like to be able to dip in the bucket and clean the mop off of cobwebs, leafs etc. i do now use the sprayer if im doing a really dirty frames clean tho
sprayer is essential for first cleans i reckon.. especially very dirty first cleans

Back