Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Fitting a two man set-up in my Van?

James

Basically I wan't to upgrade my van. It's currently a one man set-up and I'd like it converted into a two man set-up.

I have rang a couple of companies and they are basically saying they wan't to move everything around as they feel 'the set-up is not time efficient enough'. I have to agree with this to be honest but they are asking for around £1,500 for buying in the parts and setting it all up for me (as they are engineering companies).

This price includeds: New flowmaster digital controller, 100m hose and reel, shurflow pump.

They will take everything out that's inside the van & they will arrange my previous one man set-up into a two man set-up. They will rig train tracks into my van and cage all the tank, equipment together etc to keep it nice and secure. The advantage of the train track is that I can slide this cage in and out of my van with ease.

This all sounds fantastic, hence the big price tag.

I was just wondering how you guys wen't about this? Did you buy the parts seperately off ebay etc and just pay someone for labour?

I'm not liking my set up at the moment and I'm in desperate need of a two man set up as myself and my member of staff take turns using the same pole, which fails misserably.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks alot.

James.

if u got a other pole and reel already, just put a spliter after the di vessels or pump (depending if you have a di fitted) that all i did

i set up a two mans system myself, its easy that sounds way expensive buy all the parts from pure freedom and do it your self contact a local fabricator to secure your tank and build a frame for the rest you can easily do it all for under £600 it cost me £350. why do you need your water tank to slide in and out i've never heard of this before can see the point
Yeah I've been looking at parts on ebay. I'd ideally like a set-up like this:

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=water+fed+pole+van&um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial&biw=981&bih=691&tbm=isch&tbnid=qRlcS8mGt1uKjM:&imgrefurl=http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-fully-fitted-water-fed-pole-systems-p-296.html&docid=VBR7Ug8K8KjR5M&imgurl=http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/images/products/pure-freedom-fully-fitted-water-fed-pole-system51.png&w=726&h=486&ei=W_IqT7eFGIHk4QSAmcW1Dg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=669&vpy=164&dur=234&hovh=184&hovw=275&tx=190&ty=48&sig=105609124421425065982&page=1&tbnh=153&tbnw=200&start=0&ndsp=12&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:0

I guess it would just be easy to take it out and put back in, why you would wan't to do this I don't know /emoticons/unsure.png

All you need is a pump, controller, hose reel, few hose pipes to link it all together right?

James.

not really, but if you phone them up and explain what u want, they will prob get everything for you, save you having to make a list

I have ratchet straps tying my tank down atm. Doesn't look very professional though. I'm going to look into the caging option but not for that ridiculous price. I just need a two man set-up desperately at the moment, you guys got any pics of your set ups?

James.

Doesnt look very professional?, to who?, my customers are not poking around in the back of my van, so unless you are trying to impress other window cleaners, who cares?. If it aint broke, dont fix it!.
True but a bodge job doesn't go down to well with me, like things to look smart and professional every time ^^

James.

I'm also thinking down the lines of insurance claims etc. As they don't class ratchet straps as 'holding the the tank properly'. If I were to crash or someone to crash into me my claims would be invalid and I would recieve 0.

James.

Latest Posts

Back