Fitting atop entry float valve?!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by steele, May 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Hi,

I'm often forgetting to turn my water off when filling up my tank so I think it's about time I got a float valve.

I'd like a top entry one but not really sure what I'm looking for. Anyone got any advice.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. High-tower

High-tower Active Member

Depends on the style of tank, but I've had a couple of upright tanks that were just fitted with a ball-**** valve from a toilet cistern... Was cheap and effective, although it does slightly reduce the capacity of your tank.

3. steele

steele Well-Known Member

well it's a flat 400 litre tank, ,any ideas what could be used. I guess it could be side entry but I thought I'd loose more water capacity that way

4. ♠Winp®oClean♠

♠Winp®oClean♠ Forum Addict

I use a mini Torbeck side entry valve same as this one- http://www.toolstation.com/shop/p42876

I used one for years in my 400 flat & now in my 500ltr cube shaped tank. The trick to not losing any capacity is to fit the valve so that the float sits under the tank lid & can thus rise into the void of the lid. Very easy job to do, then you just fit a Hozelock male on the outer thread to plug your hose onto.;)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. ♠Winp®oClean♠

#5 ♠Winp®oClean♠, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    This should give you an idea

DSC01756.JPG

DSC01759.JPG

DSC01760.JPG

This one is from the old 400 flat tank.

DSC00818.JPG

6. steele

steele Well-Known Member

Cheers wimp, that looks perfect. While I'm at it, how did you fit that heating thingy(?) and what exactly is it?

7. ♠Winp®oClean♠

That's a 3Kw, 27" immersion element with built in thermostat. It all hooks up via a direct 16Amp rig from mains breaker unit to an outside 16Amp plug. It saves my neck in winter!!;)

Advertisement