fitting of hose reels

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by dt clean, Feb 15, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. dt clean

dt clean Member

We have a renault trafic van with a 650 litre setup. we have two users and obviously 2 hose reels. we work with our reels outside the van, how do you secure your reels so they are easy to take in and out the van but arent at risk of smashing into my tank and pumps etc if we had to brake hard?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Screw blocks of wood to the floor so the base of the reel sits inside the blocks or screw some spring loaded clips to the floor and slot the base of the reel into them?

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

There's a picture of mine if you use the search option and look under 'a thought for the newbies'. Its a bit of an alternative and might help

4. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

Mine is fixed to a bit of plywood with metal saddle clips. The ply is just a bit bigger than the overall size of the reel. It means that the reel is stable, reels in easy and the whole lot can be lifted in and out of the back of the van quickly and easily. It also doesn't slide about in the back of the van when your driving.

5. Cghwindowcleaning

Cghwindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Mine is has push fit holders meaning I can release it in seconds depending if I want the real inside van or out.

Attached Files:

Advertisement