Fitting Unger fixi clamp to a Unger HIFLO pole

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by unit, Feb 13, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. unit

unit Guest

Hi all,I am needing a new solution for my fascia soffit cleaning issues.
    I usually use water fed pole with an in-line mixer or by dipping the brush into a bucket of UBIK ,witch I find works well until it comes to drying every thing off.

So then I tie a micro fibre on to my brush,then extend the pole and dry every thing off this way.
    But this is a massive pain in the back side and is very time consuming.
    I have no problem with getting up there on a ladder and doing it by hand,but some property's just dont allow this.

After doing some research I think the best thing will be to dry off using the Unger fixi clamp.
    Only I do not want to buy another set of poles and I have a spare Unger hiflo pole sitting doing nothing.
    My question is,will that fixi clamp fit to my Hiflo pole.
    As they say it fits any unger pole,but Im thinking they mean the regular alloy pole.
    I have included a picture of the thread it would need to mount on.
    If any one can help that would be great.:thumbsup:

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ude be better to bolt on a spring clamp ,cos the unger fixi clamp is rubbish unless you add screws to the jaws it has very clamp.jpg poor grip cos the plastic is soft like cheddar cheese i kid you not

it doesnt have a screw fitting by the way and it also fits badly on the regular unger trad poles .

3. unit

unit Guest

cheers Boar city.
    time for a rethink :(

4. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We have a Fixi clamp each. They don't hold a towel very well but we manage. We chose them as we felt the metal ones we saw somewhere else at the time might scratch the glass.

We generally use it with a dry towel to dry the drips off under the soffits - we can never win with those soffits that have have a row of breather slots.

We do have a couple of not used often Unger Teleplus poles. However I also use an Unger squeegee at about 35 foot with a Gardiner pole. I use this;

QuicK-LoQ™ Taper Cone Adapter - For Traditional Tools - Gooseneck Parts - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

plus this,

QuicK-LoQ™ Gooseneck - Standard Top Arm Part - Gooseneck Parts - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

or

QuicK-LoQ™ Screw On (Type 2) Angle Adapter Gooseneck - Plastic Goosenecks - Goosenecks & Pole Fittings - Water-Fed Poles - All Products Gardiner Pole Systems

The only issue is its a push fit where I would like to see it having a 'lock' as the Unger cone does. But the cone adapter isn't an Unger part, its an adapter for all acme tools.

5. spruce

spruce Grand Master

6. unit

unit Guest

Hi spruce thanks,that metal one looks the business for fascias and think I'm going to adapt one off the fittings I see in the pictures.
    Should end up with some thing I can thread on.
    Time for the hack saw and miter mate :hehehe:
    Will post an update with picks if all goes well.

Advertisement