Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New customers

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Terry Bullock

Hi everyone, from sunny Norfolk /emoticons/smile.png

I've noticed more and more as time goes by, that I'm getting as many enquiries via the website as I am from leaflets through doors, etc. A sign of the times, I guess. I know I personally turn to google when I'm looking for something local. I'm certainly not complaining; sitting at a computer is considerably less work than walking the streets, lol.

What does everyone else do for a website? Custom-written, or a fill-in-the-blanks freebie site? I'm almost finished working on the back end of mine, which manages my customer list and work schedule for me (finally).

Welcome to the forum Terry :thumbsup:

That backend schedular sounds interesting. Did you code it yourself or get someone else do it for you?

Hi everyone, from sunny Norfolk /emoticons/smile.pngI've noticed more and more as time goes by, that I'm getting as many enquiries via the website as I am from leaflets through doors, etc. A sign of the times, I guess. I know I personally turn to google when I'm looking for something local. I'm certainly not complaining; sitting at a computer is considerably less work than walking the streets, lol.

What does everyone else do for a website? Custom-written, or a fill-in-the-blanks freebie site? I'm almost finished working on the back end of mine, which manages my customer list and work schedule for me (finally).

I don't know a single thing about computers and web design so I had mine built. It's run by Yell or now Hibu which although a monster in marketing I have to say have treated me well. If I want anything changed I just call of them and the do it. I agree entirely that people go to google these days and yes it pulls in a decent amount of business. I haven't canvassed since my business achieved 80 ish percent capacity became when I started out. The website pulls in the rest. It's keeps a trickle of regular window cleaning customers coming in. Some months none then others lots. But most notably it brings in anywhere between £100 and £500 of one off business every month. Anything from a window clean to gutter cleans to pressure washes. I try to price this work above my hourly earn rate that I achieve for my regular routes. This makes them a mince bonus when I turn up to do them.

Hi everyone, from sunny Norfolk /emoticons/smile.pngI've noticed more and more as time goes by, that I'm getting as many enquiries via the website as I am from leaflets through doors, etc. A sign of the times, I guess. I know I personally turn to google when I'm looking for something local. I'm certainly not complaining; sitting at a computer is considerably less work than walking the streets, lol.

Nicely written site :thumbsup:

Hello mate where abouts in norfolk you from?

Back