flat or upright tank?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by koopmaster, May 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

hi, going to get a van next week and put a 400 L tank in it... but what tank is the better option a flat one or a upright tank?

Advertisement
  2. A.K WINDOWS

i like the look of flatas you can board over them and still use the van for other things.

3. Ryan

Ryan Guest

if u get a upright id suggest to be able to bolt it down in a cage

flat tank is better for getting the weight more even

4. vito61

vito61 Well-Known Member

Only trouble with flat tank is that when you pull up at, say, traffic lights the water sloshes back and forth and you can start to get seasick :) As you go round bends you have to make sure you go with the tide also:D

5. bluemonkey

bluemonkey Guru

i prefer upright, as i noticed i get more air blocks on flat, unless they are full

6. Paul

Paul Guest

I would only have a upright if it was bolted to the chassis

7. AS Window Cleaning

AS Window Cleaning Active Member

I use upright, gives more floor space (ok with a flat you can store on top of it, but its quite high and not necessarily ideal).

Also when getting low, there is less floor area on the bottom of the tank for the water to be spread out, so can run lower in the tank if you need to, epecially on a sloping drive.

I have 500 litre upright.....if you position up against bulk head then make sure you dont overload front axle, depending how close to payload limit you are taking it.

Advertisement