Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp backpack trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

andy1992

Hi guys,

Have been tradding at weekends for about a month now and ready to get into WFP as i dont use ladders and therefore can only do bungalows atm. Need advice on what kit to get. Im going to get a backpack from WCW and fix it to a trolley as cheap way to start. Was about to buy backpack from WCW but not sure about what fittings I need. I know its's microbore I'm going for(6mm) but the layout on WCW seems to have changed and there is no clear pointer to the fittings u need. Can anyone have a look and help me out. Also would I better phoning and asking for a deal on a bundle of stuff like di vessel, resin, brushead etc or can i pick these up cheaper still on fleebay etc ?

cheers

hi and welcome....i only trad but am looking at wfp and it can be very confusing.....:confused:but thanks to these posts i am getting there....one day i will commit /emoticons/smile.png the experts will be on shortly...

Phone them and order over the phone, then you can tell them that you want microbore / rectus 21 fittings on the backpack.

Here is an image of the standard microbore fittings we use (Rectus 21) both male and female.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WFP-Water-Fed-Pole-RECTUS-21-Coupling-x-8mm-Hose-Tail-6mm-Probe-Combo-/151325605990?pt=UK_HomeGarden_CLV_Cleaning_CA&hash=item233bb58066

The right side of each of them are shoved inside the hose to grip. Normally a WFP will have a male fitting on the end, and an extension hose, or your backpack will have a female fitting.

DI vessels can often be purchsed 2nd hand from eBay cheaply.

Poles - down to price, preference of manufacturer, weight and length.

Brushes - down to personal preferece as well as what you are doing with them. Some people love the brushes that I really don't like myself (obviously they are wrong to like them /emoticons/wink.png ).

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Your wcw backpack should come with a hozlelock female connection if you choose that option. ( mine did ).

You then need a hozlelock male connection with a 6mm tail. Your 6mm hose fits on the tail which then connects to your female hozlelock on yer backpack. I then take the other end of my hose & connect it to my pole. I use 6mm T shaped push fittings so I can just push it in & out when I use it. If you use 8mm hose you obviously need 8mm tail & push fittings. You might want to put a tap on your hose to turn water on & off. Hope this makes sense.

Bear in mind I use my hose on the outside of my pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should watch Waggas videos on YouTube , great advice about setting up your own DIY WFP trolley , cost about £180 ish ?

Back