Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van insurance

heyoh

So I just got off the phone getting my new insurance with Octagon, and am so happy as I saved a 1000 pounds next year.

I just thought i would share my experince, because what happened was, the lady on the phone told me straight away they couldn't insure me with the water tannk. I read old posts about this issue, and basically said this:

What I said to them was it's removable...just the same as a builder carrying a load of bricks, and you wouldn't charge a bricky for carrying bricks...in fact, he wouldn't even need to tell you, so what's the difference with me carrying a tank of water?
Not sure that made any difference, but they said no problem.
Thanks @windyman.

I asked for the manager, she said she would put him through, after 2 minutes same lady tells me 'yes we can insure your van, as your water tank isn't classified as modification.

Well happy with my monthly installments!

I paid 195 each month for a year...:eek: now it's only 92 quid a month, with breakdown cover and tools insured as well

Alexander swan are a fantastic insurance company , if you crash they will deliver a van fully laden with hot wash and 600 ltr tank while yours is being fixed , had to use then a few times

I paid 195 each month for a year...:eek: now it's only 92 quid a month, with breakdown cover and tools insured as well
Wow heyho, I know that price is a lot better than u were paying, but it still seems a lot. I need to get a small van in new year, so will need to get some proper quotes, but I hope I don't have to pay anything like that lol. I only pay about £140 a year for my car at the moment, but I did one van quote online and it was about £250.

Are u young by any chance:D.

Also I'm still not sure what they class as a modification. If u bolt tank down is it classed as mod?, or do u get round it by only strapping it in?

having this argument on a the other big window cleaning forum. Strapped or bolted, it all depends on the insurance company and what their criteria is.

Wow heyho, I know that price is a lot better than u were paying, but it still seems a lot. I need to get a small van in new year, so will need to get some proper quotes, but I hope I don't have to pay anything like that lol. I only pay about £140 a year for my car at the moment, but I did one van quote online and it was about £250.Are u young by any chance:D.

Also I'm still not sure what they class as a modification. If u bolt tank down is it classed as mod?, or do u get round it by only strapping it in?
I am fairly young haha:D 27... Got this price with 2 years NCB, and one accident in the last 3 years.

I envy people like you so much though, I mean I pay for my mobile contract that much in a year...

I believe they don't consider a tank with straps as modification, because it's 'removable'

I am fairly young haha:D 27... Got this price with 2 years NCB, and one accident in the last 3 years.I envy people like you so much though, I mean I pay for my mobile contract that much in a year...

I believe they don't consider a tank with straps as modification, because it's 'removable'
Thanks, that's good to know.

Yes you can, that's what I did, but this way I don't have any NCB on cars.../emoticons/sad.png
Oh didn't realise that, so if i am named driver on another car that might affect things.

Need to look into this further.

Thanks heyoh

I am a plan, have been for 3 years...I pay about £600 a year, but if I crash I get areplacemnt van with tank and everything, so wont be out of work....a plan are also a sponsor on here I think,

Back