Flocked nightmare

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Marko067, Jun 1, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

I normally love my flocked brush but it was a nightmare this morning, even on full flow. There was so much debris on the windows and ledges from the wind yesterday it clogged the brush on the first house and then proceeded to come off all over the next one, and the next. After a couple more houses I gave up and popped my X-Line mono on. Forgot what a nice brush that is. Much better for this kind of work.

It's chucking it down now so it's coffee time.

Advertisement
  2. Trev81

Trev81 Guru

I use a Xline Mono daily for all jobs, got a few of them, great brushes! IMO it's all you ever need.

3. blaze

blaze Member

I use a Gardiner super-lite medium mixed brush most of the time i find it nice to use and it seems to last very well i tried the Xline flocked brush another good brush have yet to try the Xline mono

4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Ultimate flocked:wow:

5. blaze

blaze Member

is it a good brush just about to order one and a sill brush too

6. Marko067

On the whole flocked usually works well for me. But with all this storm debris it was a right royal pain this morning. I used about double the water I usually use in the first hour. I may keep the mono on for the time being and just use the flocked for leaded properties. I can switch em out pretty quick as I use a JG 'T' piece on my brushes.

7. blaze

blaze Member

nice one mine will be here today at some point so will give it a go on a job i have booked in tomorrow

8. Marko067

Glad to get my flocked back on today. I find them much better as long as there's not too much tree and plant debris form the wind and rain all over the frames. You can feel that they scrub better as they require more effort on the glass. This is my experience anyway.

9. Den

Den Forum Addict

Hello Mark my first week wfp this week used the flocked sill brush apart from three new builds the rest were in a village all had country gardens still lots of blossom and tiny leafs most were first cleans extra thick dusty cobwebs even though the brush did get clogged up a bit I found a quick flick thru with my hand easily removed the ****, I'm so glad I took yours and daveyboys advice on the flocked brushes when I order a new pole might try the ultimate flock brush, much prefer the flock to the medium mix I was learning on.

10. Marko067

Hi Den. I find it useful to keep a good mono on board that I can quickly put on if need be. If you find your flocked getting loaded with dirt to the point where you're struggling I usually find a Mono will usually cope just fine. I like the flocked sill brush but I can't get on it on a swivel, and I like using a swivel. The Ultimate however, works really well on the swivel.

Advertisement