Flocked Vs Unflocked

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by OoO, Apr 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. OoO

OoO Guest

Been using unflocked for 2+ years but now switched to flocked.

Finding it easier to clean.

Using less water ???

Scrubs better.

Any input?

Any downsides ? Traps dirt more??

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I've found that you can't rinse on the glass with flocked also need to clean the bristles more often as traps in dirt.

Just my personal views so now I just stick with unflocked brushes for glass.

3. OoO

OoO Guest

Yeah that's what i thought.

Will see how I get on with it.

4. HotWash Window Cleaners

I think Smurf is right, it's about the rinsing difference between the two brushes.
    I only have 1 flocked that's the hedgehog and I have to clean that quite often, well after every time I use it. The non flocked seem to be almost self cleaning.

5. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=10.5pt]Scrubbing brushes tend to have very short bristles, 10mm-15mm this gives/makes the bristle feel stiffer. Outer wfp brushes have a bristle length of at least 45mm length. The diameter of the wfp bristle can be the same as a scrubbing brush, but the feel is completely different. A hand scrubbing brush bristles diameter can be 1 quarter of 1mm (0.25mm).[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Basically a flocked brush doesn’t scrub better, ( worse in facxt, it wouldn’t scrub better with a crushed monofilament) and there is no need for a flocked wfp brush, you just use a finer monofilament (more expensive) a brush bristle of 0.25 of mm is fine enough. Flocked brushes were made to emulate (at a cheaper cost) the softer feel of natural bristle i.e. Boars Hair.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Flocked are a very slow brush compared to a monofilament bristle brush.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Richard[/SIZE]

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Wow! Richard we actualy agree on something at last :Image3:

7. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=10.5pt]Smurf, I think if you ever met we would disagree a lot, but also agree a lot more than we disagree.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Flocked brushes are appalling (slow) for window cleaning, that’s why I don’t make one[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Richard[/SIZE]

8. HotWash Window Cleaners

Do you do a finer monofilament brush? Are these available already, if so where? Would there be much weight difference?

9. OoO

OoO Guest

Weird been using it for two days. Windows look amazing and I am
    Deffo quicker.

10. Richard

Richard Forum Addict

[SIZE=medium]Hi mate, I won’t be using a finer monofilament than what’s already in the Red monofilament Tecbuk brushes – you already have 4 x monofilaments to a 1mm diameter. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You might be able to see what I mean, when I say, you don’t need a flocked brush for window cleaning - a flocked brush reduces the brushes scrubbing ability & also retains dirt. It’s easy to confuse the bristle count, or its bristle insufficiency / coverage on the glass with a perceived improvement in a brushes ability to scrub better. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Bristle weight difference between different types will only be a few percent, or a few grams difference in weight, really nothing to worry about; bristle count is something you should always consider. As you will find yourself having to work longer on each window pane, compared to using a brush that provides a full coverage.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Richard[/SIZE]

Advertisement