Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO membrane and housing sizes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AnMadraRua

I've just bought 2 new membranes for my filterplus system but they're narrower than the ones they're replacing and they can rattle around in the housing and they're not producing any water. Will I need new housings for the new membranes?

I've just bought 2 new membranes for my filterplus system but they're narrower than the ones they're replacing and they can rattle around in the housing and they're not producing any water. Will I need new housings for the new membranes?

You've bought the wrong membranes for your housings.

I'm not using that much at the moment, about 150 litres and the 2 new membranes are 150gpd so I should have enough capacity.

So you needed to order 300gpd membranes x 2 = 600gpd.

You will get half the production.

Now you will have to find out what size pipe your Filterplus r/o has and order the housing that has the correct size. I don't know but I would imagine a 600gpd will have a 3/8" piping where most housings for 150gpd will be 1/4" for 1/4" tubing.

So you will have to order a 3/8" to 1/4" reducer, 1/4" tubing, 1/4" T pieces and a 1/4" flush valve.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back