Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

My New Van Setup Am Going To Do :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Am going to take all my pure freedom trolley apart /emoticons/smile.png

Fix the pump flow meter on to the side /emoticons/smile.png make it stable etc /emoticons/biggrin.png

Now the battery...... is goin to sit in the van.... HOW AM I GOING TO SECURE IT ?

Well am going to get some timber...... and make a square out of that timber.... and make sure the timber is 50% big as the battery.... and screw it down on to my van floor....

Now my battery will fit perfect into this square block of timber /emoticons/smile.png and i will always take the battery out every 2 days and take it in to charge it up /emoticons/biggrin.png

This will free up a lot of space in my van and enable me to get a backpack aswell /emoticons/biggrin.png/emoticons/tongue.png

Good idea?

AM also goign to secure the hosereel in to my van aswell

So should be a rreally ncie setup once done

No i want to store it in the back just on the side.... i dont mind to be honest /emoticons/smile.png the wires will fit perfect etc /emoticons/smile.png dont need ratchets once this timber is secured in place /emoticons/smile.png

Is it easy to take the wires out of the battery and take it in the house and then put it back in the van and attach the wires ? or is that a headache ?

the best way is to spend £18 on a split charger and never take the battery out!!!! store it under the seat and that way the wire will never get knocked or damaged plus its easier to earth the battery when its under the seat!

how will i get the wire from my bonnet to my seat ? How long is this wire ? Give me a link please?

And how will i get the wire from my battery to the flowcontroller and pump ? etc

I see.... tell me what wires i will need then /emoticons/smile.png link please /emoticons/tongue.png LOL

I see.... tell me what wires i will need then /emoticons/smile.png link please /emoticons/tongue.png LOL
Harun.

You can buy a roll of 25amp automotive cable in any colour, preferably red from your local motor factors. It should be either sold per meter or on a 5 meter roll.

You will also need to get a few inline fuse holders that take a blade type fuse like these; http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45ff915271

and some cable eye lugs like these.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43ad0cae80

Again, you will be able to get these at your local motor factors. Also buy some 15 amp blade fuses to fit.

Carefully strip the insulation back of the cable on a couple of the inline fuse holders and solder a lug onto the end of each of them. These lugs should be big enough the slide onto the bolt of your battery terminal.

Strip the insulation off of cable you have bought and solder it to the other cable from your fuse holder. Carefully complete the joint with a wrap of insulation tape.

I have run my cable under the van and secured it to the cable that feeds the electrics at the back of the van with small cable ties. Mine runs underneath the van, but have also secured cables to run along the brake pipe. Drill a hole in the van floor near the side somewhere so you can fit your split charge relay out of the way and where it will be near your battery. I usually put some silicone sealer into the hole with the cable centralised to stop an cable damage and a short.

Instructions to fit the SCR are included with the unit and very simple to follow. We have used this unit on 2 of our vans.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19d35f5e10

Again you will need to fit an inline fuse holder FROM the split charge relay to your leisure battery. This will be done in the same way as the other fuse holder you installed.

Most window cleaners use an 85amp hour leisure battery to power their pumps.

Also, you saw the bit I wrote a about a month ago about how you can't guarantee that your alternator will full recharge your battery, especially if you are only doing short trips. You will probably have to supplement the charge once a week for example.

If you are unsure, better to get an auto electrician to fit it for you.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
i use the same split charger as that one in my van! battery been in a year and never needed to charge it up myself! but i do have a solar panel attatched to it to trickle charge it whenever its light!

Im just going to take the battery out after 2 days worth of work and charge it in the house mskes it much esdier for me, the batterys are good so its okay

Back