Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is the conny roof included in a maintenance clean

Guybrush

Hi guys,

The other day I gave a price to a customer for cleaning the windows of the house, I said the price would include the sides of the conny too but not the roof. It would take me longer to do the roof than the whole house and I wouldn't want to include the roof and then have to charge double for the house as it would work out too expensive.

Do you pro's normally include the conny roof or tell them it would be a one off ''deep clean'' which in this case I did and he went for it but I was just wondering.

You should charge an extra good wack if they want the conservatory roof cleaned aswell.

One of my gutter clearing quotes today which I won the lady said I see from your website you clean conservatory roofs too. My reply was yes I do why. She said we get ours done once a year but our window cleaners dosen't do a very good job.

I wonder why?

View attachment 3293

He must love trying to do that one and I'm not so keen myself :laugh:

Hahaha that is crazy. Do they have a bowling alley in there?

I would not know where to start or even how actually. With a garden that size I think they went a bit overboard with the conny.

He was really pushing for a bargain saying things like ''it's still part of the house'' and he even said ''when I get my car cleaned they don't charge extra for the sunroof''

So I said ''no but they charge you extra for a larger vehicle don't they''

I gave him a price without seeing the house and I thought I underpriced it and being that it's an hour all round drive to this house I was on a bit of a downer. I got set up and the neighbour said he would have his done and the postman stopped me and said he would have his done too and it turned out I overpriced it. Glad I stuck to my guns. The postman's house was a near enough mansion, couldn't believe it.

Usually not included with maintenance , however I've cleaned houses for very wealthy folk who have had roofs cleaned each month

I charge extra for connie roof, and price all depends on how hard it is and how big. Have one I do every clean and its real easy to do, small connie and easy access don't even need a ladder just wfp so only charge and extra fiver, another I do every 3 months and charge £25 because the backs harder to get to.

Yeah it was a small conny and i think that's why he was expecting it to be included but one side you would have to go next door to do plus it's under a tree with loads of leaves on it. This was a first clean.

I meant in the message above I ended up overpricing this job in the end not the postman's one.

Would you mention when quoting a new house with a conny that the roof is not included?

It is always good to confirm with the customer what they want doing so there is no misunderstanding what the price includes.

If they want the roof included each time to maintaine it after they first have had it deep cleaned then you could add that on if you wanted.

One of my gutter clearing quotes today which I won the lady said I see from your website you clean conservatory roofs too. My reply was yes I do why. She said we get ours done once a year but our window cleaners dosen't do a very good job.
I wonder why?

View attachment 5249

He must love trying to do that one and I'm not so keen myself :laugh:
smurf really interested how you would tackle this roof, its a minger

yes a very good point on here...if you do a quote put in writing exactly what is included....i slipped up myself last week...i did three quotes in a row but forgot...the last one asked for the conny roof included....but i politely pointed out the need for chemicals and how much scrubbing was involved and told her the extra....

the trouble is sometimes you get a load to quote and havent got much time to waste....and others it goes quite...i am enjoying the quite at the mo but know it will get busy with the xmas rush...

ahhhh first tip today...only the smallest of house...as against the swine of a job earlier who has had the roof replaced and all the facia/ gutters....who came across with the exact same money as normal....hmmmm:rolleyes:

Keep looking at those conservatory roof ladders, but really expensive and not sure if my weight would be an issue.

Looks like access either end is easy enough, just reach across with wfp, not too hard that one I don't reckon.

You can't really use a conservatory ladder on that one as the ground level at the front of it is too high and the gap between the garden retaining wall and conservatory is too small.

Back