Flow Rate

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by mark m, Mar 13, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark m

mark m Hero

What flow rate do you use I personal like to rinse rinse rinse I use more water but I get no complaints

Advertisement
  2. David Taylor

David Taylor Well-Known Member

Two of us in the van, both on 50-55 digital (heated)...with wide fan jets on Gardiner sill brushes. 8mm bore hose.

Not sure what lpm that equates to at the brush head, but it`s how I like it.

3. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

Low flow rate, pure water always at 000ppm, use less water,
    Worked like it for 2 years part time and 2 years full time,

4. OoO

OoO Guest

Standard Alex G brushes (sill, dual trim etc)

Low flow, rinse on the glass 80% of the time. Only usually rinse 50% of the glass, the bottom part i dont rinse as most of the water from the top passes over it.

5. essex boy

essex boy Active Member

I put mine on 65 on Gardiners super lite wide fanjets. I rinse every time all of the window and get through 400 litres on my own every day. I have tried it all ways and for me I can work more quickly by flooding the window.

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Mines is at 3.. lol Virastream controller I think

7. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

I started off @ 30... Now using 50-60 when on the van mount.. 99 for first cleans. I use a trolley quite a lot ( which use to be a gardiners backpack ) and I just have that full blast..

8. Donny

Donny Well-Known Member

Lots off first cleans for me being new so 70 too 80, rinse off the glass and i use Gardiners DT Medium brushes, water at 000 ppm all time till i get established and more experience, a couple off customers ive done 2 or 3 times now ive used 55 and found that fine.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Depends what I'm cleaning and if using hot or not so between 35-45 seems to work well for me on most jobs.

When I started out with my pf trolley and car had it set to 20 most of the time as to conserve how may barrels I used.

10. JDMW

JDMW Guru

in winter i use less because of ice and freezing so i get away with 8L guessing per home. but now summer is coming fast ( fingers crossed ) i think the windows will dry faster and i did get a few complaints last year when he had a hosepipe ban about wasting water from customers so i reduce my flow on my back pack to setting 2. i just splash the glass and then scrub hard and turn on flow and then turn it off. then i rinse. by not having water flowing all the time ive saved enuff water for another house.

Advertisement