Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's best ro unit with no spare tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

R

ralphy1989

Hi.

I have a 250l tank in my van currently using resin to purify the water.

As you all know it's expensive to run.

I have nowhere to store a spare tank to use an ro unit.

So I need to put a ro unit in my van to fill the tank up for that to go through my resin. But the ones iv been looking at look like they take a long time to fill... What would be best for my 250l tank. I would use a full tank a day so I don't mind filling up a few hours at night.

Also I'm confused with the membrane flushing. Do I drain it whilst it's filling? Or can I flush it afterwards ?

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If you haven't got room to store water then you need an r/o that will produce water fast.

Windies processing directly into their tanks will use either a 4021 or 4040. A 4040 will process approx 2 liters of pure a minute = 2 hours to fill your tank using average water pressure. A 4021 will take twice that amount of time.

Fit a float switch and solenoid valve to switch water off when the tank is full. Van needs to be heated to keep r/o system from freezing up.

This is an example of what you need to copy

250 Litre Water Fed Pole Van System - Hard Water - Single Output Pump - Waterfed Pole Systems

Back