Flyer Advice

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by chris clean, Mar 31, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Hi everyone I am just designing my first flyer and would appreciate any advice on whether to have a price or price structure on them or not. Basically I normally go £1 a window and was gonna have that on flyer but thinking more i don't want to be tied as sometimes you look at a place and know you want more than that or can get more. Some I've seen have a from price e.g. 3 beds from 8quid. Would you guys leave out price altogether or any other advice? Cheers

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i wouldnt. if later you decide you want a price on them you can add a sticker label onto the flyer

3. TolishAPurd

Never put prices IMHO. And at 1£ per window you will get every Muppet with Georgian windows calling you up. When I first started gutters I advertised 40 per house. Just about every mansion in the area called up trying it on.

4. mark

mark Forum Addict

be careful when putting prices on your flyers.theres a big shot wc company by me.vans,vans and more vans swamping my patch:p.double sided glossy leaflets,must of cost a fortune.umm what went wrong???high prices on leaflets.they can afford to take the gamble I suppose. there ruthless.some might say business minded:thumbsdown:the trouble is big companys like this don't leave any crumbs on the table for new starters:devil:

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I am in disagreement with Boars and Tolish, I have just had another 5000 flyers delivered and this time I have done a price menu on them:

Terrace / End of Terrace - £12
    Terrace Fronts Only - £10
    Semi Detached - £
    4 Bed Detached - £
    5 Bed Detached - £
    3 Story Townhouse - £
    Bungalow / Flat - £
    Conservatory Add - £
    Garage Door Add - £

I got this idea from a link that was posted on another thread (Think Boars posted it) some crew in Southampton.

I only started putting them out yesterday but so far they have been well received. The reason I went with a menu this time is I am tired to the muppets calling up that have you go round to quote, you say £12 and they say 'last bloke only charged £4.50' at least with the menu they know what they are looking at roughly before calling.

The thing I find with a flyer is the more information available to the customer the more chance you have, if they have
    'Jons Window Cleaners - Call For Quote'
    I don't think they are so inclined, but if they have the info of what you do 'Window Cleaning' as well as '3 Bed Semi from £12' then you have more chance of a 'nibble' as they know what to expect.

Just my opinion and so far I have only managed about 600 delivered as they only arrived yesterday but I have boarcity on my conscience every time I see the pile of flyers I hear him pointing out the obvious 'they ain't making money sitting there' so he's keeping me motivated and also helping get me in shape with my step count! :p

6. mark

mark Forum Addict

#6 mark, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    leaflet drops can bring in work but they can also bring in bad payers,messers that other window cleaners don't want or have got rid of(especially this time of year).if you get them to pay online from the beginning this will be some sort of guarantee maybe ??

7. boarcity

boarcity Guest

600 ....your feet must be humming

like old ro roq.jpg quefort

8. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Ohhhh yes, but I am also using it as 'free exercise' trying to do a minimum of 6 miles a day to keep in shape so between flyers and walking the dog will get there no issues.

9. TolishAPurd

I love a nice leaflet drop when the weather is like today.

As for the menu option, knowing you green I'm pretty sure your leaflets are targeted, am I right? As in, you wouldn't drop your menu in a street where the average house would be twice that listed. A three bed down 1 street that vary massively to a 3 bed down another. Most of my work is in nice areas even though I prefer the council estates, so I would be out of pocket from the start.

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

I guess my areas are targeted as house sizes don't change too much within my area of work, however as you know flyers get passed around here and there and if I get a call from someone across town in the 'manor house' with one of my flyers I will point out it says 'Prices From' quite happily.

As us old dogs know but the new lads don't you also have to be careful what's on a flyer as some customers will put it aside and call you in two years time or longer when their current windy vanishes. :))

Advertisement